A Classic to Keep?

gettinpurseonal

Can I bathe in them?
O.G.
Mar 31, 2007
Hi all, I am on a quest to downsize the number of bags I have. I love several brands including Balenciaga, Saint Laurent, Prada, Chloe, Louis Vuitton, Chanel....

I count 7 Balenciagas, but I may be leaving one out. Attached are a few quick photos to give you an idea of the situation. My Bals include 4 cities: 2 beige something: 1 giant gold hw, one regular (LOVE), one in vert joker (green), 1 in ardoise, a Papier in yellow (LOVE), a striped tote, and a Berlingot (lavender) Velo.

What do you think about this giant rose gold hardware city bag in ardoise? I remember when it came out and it was all the rage. It is unique and not made anymore and I love it, but I haven’t used it in awhile. I have I have a difficult time parting with bags, so I am unsure if this is something that I will regret or a treasure to hold onto?

0391DE1B-40E4-4FAE-91C3-15898AB152CE.jpeg C15DE504-3455-4E32-B73B-AF72948AA283.png 3C2C6913-918A-4932-B273-81539F5F9496.jpeg

These are only a few of my other bags:
31E807DC-3DAE-4FFE-B80F-453CA752D3E2.jpeg 5F413065-88DC-4CC5-A12A-C24DB98C001B.jpeg 9C7B0A42-58B8-4197-BA97-80202C008236.jpeg

So as you may be able to see, it would be helpful if I could pare down to 50 or even 75 bags. I have 25 or so (not pictured) I can immediately part with. Your opinion on my Ardoise RGGH City is appreciated!

Hi all, I am on a quest to downsize the number of bags I have. I love several brands including Balenciaga, Saint Laurent, Prada, Chloe, Louis Vuitton, Chanel....

I count 7 Balenciagas, but I may be leaving one out. Attached are a few quick photos to give you an idea of the situation. My Bals include 4 cities: 2 beige something: 1 giant gold hw, one regular (LOVE), one in vert joker (green), 1 in ardoise, a Papier in yellow (LOVE), a striped tote, and a Berlingot (lavender) Velo.

What do you think about this giant rose gold hardware city bag in ardoise? I remember when it came out and it was all the rage. It is unique and not made anymore and I love it, but I haven’t used it in awhile. I have I have a difficult time parting with bags, so I am unsure if this is something that I will regret or a treasure to hold onto?

View attachment 4512916 View attachment 4512918 View attachment 4512919

View attachment 4512920 View attachment 4512921 View attachment 4512922
It's vert poker (maybe it was a typo...:smile:). If you're getting rid of a bunch of bags right away why don't you think about the Bal? Why not try carrying it for a week and see how you feel?

Reactions: More bags
Hahaha yes, darn autocorrect! Vert poker. I actually had to correct that as well. Siri wanted it to say “very joker.” heehee

I’ll carry it the next occasion I can. This week I’ll need to carry a work tote and an SLG that can be locked up, so perhaps next week.

It's vert poker (maybe it was a typo...:smile:). If you're getting rid of a bunch of bags right away why don't you think about the Bal? Why not try carrying it for a week and see how you feel?

Reactions: muchstuff
The consignment store would list it at $895 and I would receive 1/2 that if it sells, so perhaps $400-$450. That’s actually a fair amount for me in the end, even though the percentage they take is high. Some City Bbags are selling for only $300-$500 online.

The market for B has crashed, as is well known. It's not coming back, either. Keep if you want it, or sell and get what you can. My opinion is, it's good to sell off just to free up some dollars and space.

The consignment store would list it at $895 and I would receive 1/2 that if it sells, so perhaps $400-$450. That’s actually a fair amount for me in the end, even though the percentage they take is high. Some City Bbags are selling for only $300-$500 online.
The higher end consignment stores are in Vancouver insist on fairly high prices still for used Bals. I don't know how well they sell...I can generally get better deals online.

View attachment 4512916 View attachment 4512918 View attachment 4512919

View attachment 4512920 View attachment 4512921 View attachment 4512922

That's such a beautiful bag! If you decide to part with it (or any of your other bags), I would suggest Rebag rather than consignment. If you live in NYC, LA or Miami you can bring your bag (or bags) to one of their stores and they'll pay you within an hour. Since you said you wanted to get rid of multiple bags, you could probably go on vacation with what they'd give you, but it depends on which of them you're ready to part with.

It's gorgeous and discontinued! :heart: I would keep it just because I love the original G21 hardware bags, but if you are looking to free up space and invest in other bags, then sell it.

Although I don’t live anywhere near them, I will certainly do some research on Rebag. Thank you for the suggestion, Serenity19!

That's such a beautiful bag! If you decide to part with it (or any of your other bags), I would suggest Rebag rather than consignment. If you live in NYC, LA or Miami you can bring your bag (or bags) to one of their stores and they'll pay you within an hour. Since you said you wanted to get rid of multiple bags, you could probably go on vacation with what they'd give you, but it depends on which of them you're ready to part with.

Right? That’s my dilemma - it’s rose gold!!
And discontinued! Thank you for the compliment, solitudelove!
I don’t need to invest in any new bags though. Oh goodness, I have my share.

It's gorgeous and discontinued! :heart: I would keep it just because I love the original G21 hardware bags, but if you are looking to free up space and invest in other bags, then sell it.

I'm not good at giving advice, but i'll just share my experience
I sold most of my other brands, keeping only Bals and BV, both brands have terrible resale value, but most delicious leathers and timeless designs.
I keep the ones that i don't use regularly stacked flat in a panicakes pile, they take very small space, and don't get damaged.
it's possible, but very hard to find one that you love in great condition, and it will be harder and more time consuming year by year, so i prefer to keep them as they are easy to store.
Sell those that take most space, and store the soft ones somewhere on the top shelf, check them later, maybe in Spring?... who knows, maybe you'll fall in love again? :smile:

Thank you, ksuromax. I think I will keep this one. I have had her laying out on the sofa for two days and every time I pass by, I think it looks a little bit like denim. I have failed miserably at my downsizing haha!

Well at least I took my tangerine Day bag to the consignment shop. Now I am kind of regretting that too. I have one in anthracite as well but the tangerine would be great for the beach. My trouble is that the dark deep interior makes it difficult to find things inside.

I'm not good at giving advice, but i'll just share my experience
I sold most of my other brands, keeping only Bals and BV, both brands have terrible resale value, but most delicious leathers and timeless designs.
I keep the ones that i don't use regularly stacked flat in a panicakes pile, they take very small space, and don't get damaged.
it's possible, but very hard to find one that you love in great condition, and it will be harder and more time consuming year by year, so i prefer to keep them as they are easy to store.
Sell those that take most space, and store the soft ones somewhere on the top shelf, check them later, maybe in Spring?... who knows, maybe you'll fall in love again? :smile:

Thank you, ksuromax. I think I will keep this one. I have had her laying out on the sofa for two days and every time I pass by, I think it looks a little bit like denim. I have failed miserably at my downsizing haha!

Well at least I took my tangerine Day bag to the consignment shop. Now I am kind of regretting that too. I have one in anthracite as well but the tangerine would be great for the beach. My trouble is that the dark deep interior makes it difficult to find things inside.
This Bal is beautiful. Congratulations on your continued downsizing efforts. You’ve shown some beautiful bags and it sounds like you’re enjoying rediscovering past favourites.

light coloured pouches are my solution for that ;)