A burberry Return?

angellisa

O.G.
Jun 29, 2007
I've had a bag I've been needing to return for quite some time now as it is too large for me, but I have a question about Burberry store return policy.

It was a gift so I have no reciept- not even a gift one. A tag is attached, I have the dust bag, wrappers on handles, box, etc......

Has anyone tried returning w/o a receipt to Burberry stores? I assume the ppl who got it for me purchased it from the actual Burberry store- not a Dept. store like NM or Nordstrom.

My husband bought a Burberry polo shirt in Las Vegas, when got back home he tried it on and it fit him a bit snug.

He lost the receipt but the shirt had the tags on it. We took it to the Burberry store and the manager gave us a hard time, she explained, that they give regular receipts and gift receipts for a reason.

In the end he let him exchange it. I think it just depends on the manager on duty or the amount of the purchase.

How long have you had the bag? If it is past 30 days, forget it. Their receipt shows:
Return of unworn, regular price merchandise may be made within 30 days of purchase, sale merchandise within 14 days of purchase.
Tickets must be attached and accompanied by the original Burberry receipt. Returns accompanied by a Burberry gift receipt may be exchanged for merchandise or a merchandise credit may be given. Refunds will be given in the original form of payment with the exception of cash.
Merchandise purchased at the Burberry stores many not be returned at Burberry factory outlet stores.

No, it is not older than 30 days. It is the Byron tote, retails for $475 I believe.

How do I know how old it is though-- I have not owned it for more than 30 days, but w/o a gift receipt, how do I know when the person bought it for me? I'm not in a position to ask as it was given to me through a friend from a friend that I rarely see.

Also, I'm not asking for $$, I just want to exchange....

Try asking that friend of a friend because they take ppls zip code when they purchase and somehow the transaction may show. They, like LV, should be able to find her name under a certain customer number. Good Luck to you!

Thanks guys for your help! :smile:

I actually just came back from the Burberry in SF and exchanged it- no problems or questions whatsoever! I was actually surprised they were so sweet!!!

~Lisa