A 13 year-old Epi pochette

PinkTissue

Jun 2, 2010
I was at a consignment shop to check out a Vernis wallet in violet. To my disappointment, it was in quite a bad condition even though it was stated as 'nearly new'. I was about to walk out of the shop when I spied a Epi pochette in yellow. It is difficult to find a decent yellow Epi anything since it has been discontinued for so long already and if I remembered, it was introduced in 1997. I was surprised at the condition of the pochette - it is as good as the brand new Red Epi pochette that I examined yesterday at LV. It looked.....basically new and unuse. The only problem with the pochette is the poor condition of the strap. I always remove the strap because if it was fixed at the pochette for a pre-longed period, it would become crumpled and spilt at the end. And apparently, this strap has never been removed from the pochette since Day 1. when I removed the strap from the pochette, the end of the strap spilt into 2 parts.

4741947599_38655d104e_b.jpg

I was torn. Other then the strap, the pochette is in a very good, unused condition. The D-ring has rusted but I am quite sure I could remove the marks easily. I am already surviving on grass and plain water after the last LV purchase. And although I always use the pochette as a pouch only and never use the strap, it would be a pity for this pochette to have a spilt strap.

I went to the nearest LV boutique and asked for help. The SA who sold me the LV bag almost had an heart attack when I asked about leather repair services - he saw me carrying my brandless rainy day bag that for one moment, he thought something bad happened to the leather bag I bought yesterday. When I showed him the pochette, he was pretty impressed by the condition of the pochette which is 13 years old.....it looked as good as those new Epi pochette. Then a miracle happened, he actually located a spare strap in yellow in another LV boutique a few streets away.

I literally flew to the boutique which still have a new yellow Epi strap - I saw the plastic bag containing the strap - it is dated back 10 years ago :biggrin:
4741949179_51281b3762_b.jpg

I am so happy with the pochette. It looks new and not 13 years old. I have managed to remove the 'rust' at the d-ring with metal polisher that no one would believe that it ever has 'rust' on it.

4741950749_6f9bacfcf8_b.jpg

The furry suede purple lining is really TDF....

4742590594_a3df88d762_b.jpg

I am going to survive on grass and plain water for a foreseeable period - but I am so happy with this pochette - a 13 year old pochette which looks as though it has been made yesterday :yahoo:

I have never seen that inside label too but apparently those at the LV boutique did see them before. The strap cost around US$75...ouch. But for a long-out-of-production color strap, it is well worth the price I paid. I was super lucky to get one which was lying around for 10 years!