75th Anniversary- Is 1941 as good as it gets?

I wasn't into Coach at the time of the 65th legacy stripes. Can you tell me which items are examples of the MFF that were available and what the difference in quality was?
I know one bag was the shoulder bag--I don't know what else they called it. There is one with one pocket on front, and one with two. I have owned at one time the MFF and the FP of the two pocket one, and the MFF was just not as nice of a quality leather. It felt like a MFF bag...you could tell the difference pretty easily. It wasn't poor quality...just wasn't as nice as the FP version.

On another note, discussing 65th versus 75th.... I don't think the 75th are lesser bags, and I think they are good enough to be considered anniversary bags. I think one thing that soured me on the 65th bags over time are the large number of them that developed verigris around the hardware. It makes the bag unusable if you don't have the time and patience to deal with it. For the price those bags were, it is not a good thing to happen. I have owned a few of the shoulder bags in different colors, and at least 3 of them developed that issue. I have one left that seems okay still, and I hope it stays that way.

I know one bag was the shoulder bag--I don't know what else they called it. There is one with one pocket on front, and one with two. I have owned at one time the MFF and the FP of the two pocket one, and the MFF was just not as nice of a quality leather. It felt like a MFF bag...you could tell the difference pretty easily. It wasn't poor quality...just wasn't as nice as the FP version.

On another note, discussing 65th versus 75th.... I don't think the 75th are lesser bags, and I think they are good enough to be considered anniversary bags. I think one thing that soured me on the 65th bags over time are the large number of them that developed verigris around the hardware. It makes the bag unusable if you don't have the time and patience to deal with it. For the price those bags were, it is not a good thing to happen. I have owned a few of the shoulder bags in different colors, and at least 3 of them developed that issue. I have one left that seems okay still, and I hope it stays that way.

I agree with that regarding the hardware. I never bought anything from that line, and it's that hardware problem that has stopped me from buying anything pre-owned. Dealing with it on the vintage is one thing .... they have the age to explain it. The 65's don't strike me as old enough to justify it, if that makes sense.

In all honesty, I still preferred the 70th line from a few years ago. I love my Willis's from that year (both 70th Poppy with legacy stripes, and the linen-style lined with the tassels), my Molly's (utterly perfect bag for me, and of course they never made that many colors), and my clutches. I loved the leather on that line ... yeah, i know a lot of people had corner wear issues, especially on the duffles, but so far I've been good. To my tastes, that was the perfectly squishy leather.

Eh. Shrug. I'm actually hitting the 30% tier on the PCE this time, and I'm actually not getting anything of any type from the Coach 1941. Only bag I'm even getting is a crosstown. (I find that humorous ... that I'm still hitting 30% nonetheless).

That's the Gigi.

Oh, okay. That bag was too small for me so I didn't pay it much attention at the time and had forgotten all about it. :huh: And honestly I'm not sure I knew the FP one came with a single pocket vs the MFF with two.
There were 2 shoulder bags for FP...one with one pocket, and that one with two--I have owned both--my favorite is the one with one pocket.

The MFF that I have personally seen was a copy of the one with two pockets. They may have made one with the one pocket as well, I have never seen it though--so I don't know for sure.

Sorry, it is confusing to describe, but that summarizes it, I think... I didn't mean to infer that the MFF had a different amount of pockets, just that there were 2 styles of the shoulder bag made for the 65th collection.

I agree with that regarding the hardware. I never bought anything from that line, and it's that hardware problem that has stopped me from buying anything pre-owned. Dealing with it on the vintage is one thing .... they have the age to explain it. The 65's don't strike me as old enough to justify it, if that makes sense.

I don't blame you for not buying. I know I have wasted my money on some that I no longer own because of the issues :sad: I really love the size and style of the shoulder bag, so it is a bummer I can't have more confidence in them. They have the perfect amount of pockets, etc.

I have the Dinky and the Rogue and I think both are amazing bags worthy of the 75th anniversary. Also, the Saddle bags, and especially those done in Tea Rose and Whiplash... just gorgeous.

I LOVE the Rogue.