65th Anniversary Legacy vs. Regular Legacy

andietee

Feb 1, 2007
Hi all!

I'm looking to purchase a 65th Anniversary Legacy bag (that leather is AMAZING) but I've come across some things that I haven't been able to figure out/find information on from sifting through listings and other threads:

1) What are the [visual] differences between the 65th Anniversary Legacy Ali and the "regular" Legacy Ali?

I read in other threads that the striped lining is not indicative of whether a bag is in the 65th Anniversary collection or not because the same lining was used for Legacy bags in 07-08 (the following year).
Listing pictures are not always clear enough to be able to tell the quality of the leather either :/ :nogood:

2) Besides the Ali and Mandy, what other Legacy bags were included in the 65th Anniversary Collection?

I came across a bag that was referred to as the "messenger" and it had a large flap (larger/longer than the flap on the Ali) and a flat front pocket (unlike the Ali's "puffier" front pocket compartment).

3) Is the two-pocket shoulder (two turn-lock pockets on front, zip main compartment) and shoulder zip (single turn-lock pocket on the front, zip main compartment) only part of the 65th Anniversary collection or are these bags/is one of these bags part of the "regular" Legacy collection as well?

Thanks for all your help!
I'm a little bit of a Coach newbie - I own a few Coach bags but I haven't really gotten to know the details (names of collections, names of models, and the like) till NOW! :biggrin::smile:

For the Ali, I would only get the FP version, which has the striped lining. There is a factory version with signature lining.

There are Legacy bags from 2007 and 2008 that are not technically part of the 65th anniversary collection, but are gorgeous anyway.

You could browse the reference library to get an idea of the styles. http://forum.purseblog.com/coach-reference-library/post-your-legacy-pieces-here-156435.html

In the 65th anniversary catalog there is Ali shoulder flap #10329, leather satchel #10330, shoulder bag (with 2 front pockets) #10328, shoulder zip (1 front pocket) #10326, Mandy courier #10331, Legacy flap #10324, Hippie Bag #10325

Later there was a full-flap shoulder bag, Leigh, Gigi, Lily, Bridgit....

ETA: there is no such thing as "regular Legacy." Legacy is a name Coach has used at least since the 90s for different things that have no relation to each other.

Hello andietee, thank you for starting this thread. I am also considering yo buy the 65th anniversary bag but do not have enough information. I would love to see more modeling photo to decide what will work for me.

What I can say about the 2 shoulder bags... 2 pockets versus 1 pocket-- the one pocket bag is better for its outside pockets. The 2 pocket bag has small pockets that aren't usable for much at all, whereas the one pocket bag has a great pocket that is perfect for cell phones, etc.

I have had issues with verdigris around the hardware on 3 of the 4 bags I bought from this collection (and not just in the whiskey color as often referenced as the color with the issue). I am down to only one of these bags, as I find it too hard to clean that off/keep it off. Others with more patience might do better with this.

They are beautiful bags, I just wish that hadn't been an issue....

What I can say about the 2 shoulder bags... 2 pockets versus 1 pocket-- the one pocket bag is better for its outside pockets. The 2 pocket bag has small pockets that aren't usable for much at all, whereas the one pocket bag has a great pocket that is perfect for cell phones, etc.

I have had issues with verdigris around the hardware on 3 of the 4 bags I bought from this collection (and not just in the whiskey color as often referenced as the color with the issue). I am down to only one of these bags, as I find it too hard to clean that off/keep it off. Others with more patience might do better with this.

They are beautiful bags, I just wish that hadn't been an issue....

Thank you so much for sharing your experience. Perhaps I should just forget this pretty collection even though I really love the colourful lining inside.

Ok time to move on and save my money for the expensive Nomad!

Thank you so much for sharing your experience. Perhaps I should just forget this pretty collection even though I really love the colourful lining inside.

Ok time to move on and save my money for the expensive Nomad!
Personally I love the 2007 Bleecker collection more. The leather is yummy but a little different from Legacy, it has tattersall lining which is pretty, and there is a little less hardware so they aren't quite as heavy. Coach used the Legacy striped lining on some Poppy bags in 2010 and also on the anniversary Willis. Those bags will be lighter-weight and won't have the verdigris problem.

Personally I love the 2007 Bleecker collection more. The leather is yummy but a little different from Legacy, it has tattersall lining which is pretty, and there is a little less hardware so they aren't quite as heavy. Coach used the Legacy striped lining on some Poppy bags in 2010 and also on the anniversary Willis. Those bags will be lighter-weight and won't have the verdigris problem.

Hello. I just searched 2010 poppy and 2007 bleecker on eBay but nothing came up. But I managed to see photos from google. Are these bags hard to find and expensive?

Thanks for the info and the input, whateve and Alexa5!

The verdigris problem really irks me... :/

Does anyone happen to know the batch numbers/letters for the 2006 bags and for the 2007 bags?

Hello. I just searched 2010 poppy and 2007 bleecker on eBay but nothing came up. But I managed to see photos from google. Are these bags hard to find and expensive?
There should be plenty of them on ebay. Don't put the years in your searches as most sellers don't know when the bags were made. Unfortunately that means you'll have to look through every Bleecker and Poppy, not just those from the collection.

This is one of my Bleecker large flaps. It is style #11419. I just got a Poppy rocker #16285. My Willis is #19031. There are lots of other style numbers in these collections.

There are some really expensive Bleeckers but most of these bags you can get used for under $200.

Attachments

• bleecker large flap rust019.jpg
    bleecker large flap rust019.jpg
    184.1 KB · Views: 675