6 key holder Rose Ballerine

I have never put polish on my button and it took 2 years to chip (dropped it on cement a few times[emoji15]) I had it repaired for free and it only took 3 weeks. I’m not sure if LV will repair it if you mess with it but maybe someone else can chime in on that part. I would just leave it and enjoy it. You can always have it repaired if something happens. Mine came back perfect after it was repaired. Just my opinion.....

Reactions: SophiaRose
I've never put polish on an LV button, but I tried putting clear nail polish on a super cheap ring I was using as a stand-in while my engagement ring was being re-sized to kept from turning my finger green. The polish didn't last more than a few days before it started to noticeably chip, and I ended up peeling it all off. To be fair, it may have had to do with the chemistry of the polish against my skin or the quality/type of polish I used (Seche Vite top coat), but my experience of clear nail polish to coat things has been less than stellar.

My friend has used the nail polish trick on her key holder and her Rosalie.
She uses OPI matte top coat so it doesn’t become shiny.
The leather on the button wears off fast otherwise. I know some have had good luck but mine chipped within a couple of weeks and I’m not too rough with my stuff.
I am getting the button repaired and will use the nail polish trick. Doing it on my mom’s too.
I asked my SA and the button wear is considered normal wear and tear after a certain amount of time, so after this repair they would charge me for the next button. I asked her about the nail polish and even though she can’t recommend it, you can still have the button replaced even after. They would just charge you for it. But they’ll probably charge you regardless if it needs to be fixed

I've heard about the nail polish trick. Personally, I don't mess around with designer goods. I have the cles for 10 years, now want to add a 6 key holder too. I think I'll opt for regular brass because as much as I love the rose ballerine and the fuchsia colors, the thought of having to worry about a button would drive me insane.

Reactions: Iridescent