$500 Watches Missing. FedEx Problem. "Delivered to address other than recipient".

xIcyBluex

I want it.
Jul 15, 2007
Okay, this isn't exactly an eBay issue, but its a shipping issue and so I figured that the most knowledgeable people here could help me. I purchased two watches from Dillards.com and they were shipped to me via FedEx. I checked the tracking and noticed it was delivered but it was nowhere to be found. On the details of delivery, it was signed for by some guy. It also says "Delivered to address other than recipient" under the details column.

I emailed Dillards today but have not gotten a response. I will be calling them first thing tomorrow morning. I will also call FedEx and see WTF happened. To say that I'm not pleased is a huge understatement. While I got these watches on sale, they still were both a total of $500 which isn't just some chump change.

Has anybody had this problem before? What is the best thing to do? Should I call my CC and have them put a hold on this charge?

i wouldn't put a hold, but instead call them and let them know the situation indirectly by inquiring how long you have till a chargeback is not pursuable because "insert story here" and you want to know to 'cover' your bases

i'm sure dillards will take care of this but you never know

also save emails/screenshots proving it was delivered to another address other then recipient, just in case..

I don't think you will have a problem with Dillards.
You should call them first thing in the morning and let them know exactly what has happened and let them handle it with Fed-ex. It is always the sender that is allowed to file missing or communicate with the carrier.
Exactly same thing happened to me. I ordered this nice crystal bowl from Tifanny store and it was a sold out item on back order. they charged me and said one will be shipped to me via Fedex. I didn't get it for couple of weeks and called back the store and they checked and found out that my package was delivered to another address to a family with the same last name (not related to me). They appologized and send me another one. I asked out of curiosity and they said; well Fedex has to go back their and try to retrieve the package or they have to pay.
I assume same thing should apply here. Just make sure to notify the sender asap about the situation and good luck :smile:

Is it possible that they delivered it to your neighbor or something like that? Fedex has done this before to me but they usually leave a note saying where they left the package.

Technically teh shipper has the option to choose delivery w/o sig, delivery to direct and delivery to indirect (meaning another neighbor or business can sign for the package on your behalf). I'd be interested to see where they left it and what they selected for their ship signature type.

since fedex actually says it was delivered somewhere else and not to you, its prob a neighbor. fedex should have a record of where they delivered it or the driver will remember.

I don't think you will have a problem with Dillards.
You should call them first thing in the morning and let them know exactly what has happened and let them handle it with Fed-ex. It is always the sender that is allowed to file missing or communicate with the carrier.
Exactly same thing happened to me. I ordered this nice crystal bowl from Tifanny store and it was a sold out item on back order. they charged me and said one will be shipped to me via Fedex. I didn't get it for couple of weeks and called back the store and they checked and found out that my package was delivered to another address to a family with the same last name (not related to me). They appologized and send me another one. I asked out of curiosity and they said; well Fedex has to go back their and try to retrieve the package or they have to pay.
I assume same thing should apply here. Just make sure to notify the sender asap about the situation and good luck :smile:

Thanks for the advice. I called up Dillards. They said that they would check with FedEx. Since there is a detail that says it was not delivered to the address that it was supposed to be delivered to, they are going to do an investigation over the next 48 hours. Hopefully it will turn up. Thanks for the advice. I'm really glad I could get some good advice here. It makes me feel alot better. Dillards was very prompt in handling the situation. I'll keep you all posted as to what happens. =]

Thanks for the advice. I called up Dillards. They said that they would check with FedEx. Since there is a detail that says it was not delivered to the address that it was supposed to be delivered to, they are going to do an investigation over the next 48 hours. Hopefully it will turn up. Thanks for the advice. I'm really glad I could get some good advice here. It makes me feel alot better. Dillards was very prompt in handling the situation. I'll keep you all posted as to what happens. =]
I hope your package turns up. Good luck :P

I'm actually surprised that Dilliards didn't refund you immediately and then start it's investigation. I had something very similar happen recently. My mom bought me some expensive camera equipment (from some store on Amazon) and even paid to have it delivered next day by UPS. Well it never showed up. The delivery details said that it was left inside the door. It wasn't. Anyway, my mother contacted the store and they immediately refunded her and asked us to let them know if it ever shows up.

They're response was immediate refund and then they would investigate on their end and probably get a refund from UPS.

I had warranty on my lenovo laptop battery. battery was getting exhausted in 30 minutes. I called lenovo and they agreed to sent me another battery and asked to send my old battery back. They held $90 on my credit card. They sent it through fedex which left it in apartment office and took signature of one of the staff member. now the staff says they don't have it. Fedex says that they have signature on receipt and lenovo says they won't file a claim as it has been delivered at right address. I don't know what to do. any suggestion?

I am so confused here... Why did you email Dillard's? Why did you not call Fedex directly, provide them with your tracking information, and have them track down where the watches were delivered that very day? :confused1:

I am so confused here... Why did you email Dillard's? Why did you not call Fedex directly, provide them with your tracking information, and have them track down where the watches were delivered that very day? :confused1:

I was just about to ask that very question..... :smile:

if it is the same day, it is easier for the driver to know/ remember where they delivered the package... and easier to track down.. a week later... not so much...

I had warranty on my lenovo laptop battery. battery was getting exhausted in 30 minutes. I called lenovo and they agreed to sent me another battery and asked to send my old battery back. They held $90 on my credit card. They sent it through fedex which left it in apartment office and took signature of one of the staff member. now the staff says they don't have it. Fedex says that they have signature on receipt and lenovo says they won't file a claim as it has been delivered at right address. I don't know what to do. any suggestion?

call and speak with a manager of your Fedex hub nearest you...
also tell them it is a very important item...

This happened to me so many times with Fedex... I used to see a Dr. in Portland, and they would Fedex me my very expensive medications. TWICE Fedex did this to me... and the meds were pain meds... so, it would have ended up a DEA matter had Fedex not found my packages... they are not very reliable...