500 Days of Summer

I loved this movie until the ending. Idk... but it was devastating for me! Lol

Joseph was a cutie- all grown up! and Zooey is great to watch as normal. I can't seem to get Katy Perry out of my head when I see her though. Great movie, brings smiles.

Okay, so I was able to see it yesterday.

Oh boy, I hated Zooey's character in this! Hah. Of course, I'm one for the happy ending, but yes. Her character was so damn nonchalant.

Joseph Gordon-Levitt is awesome though! :biggrin: I loved his character's place... the chalkboard was amazing. I'd love to have that in my own place one day.

Anyways, I'm reading the posts on the IMDb message board (you need to dumb yourself down for IMDb, but there are some good stuff from time to time)... and I COMPLETELY agree w/this one poster who said it was the most "un-L.A.-like" movie out there. I myself was wondering where the movie took place in... very surprised to find it out it was L.A.!

Last edited:
I am so incredibly excited to see this since it's now gone nationwide release.

anyways i've been a HUGE Joseph Gordon Levitt fan now for 6 years and he's an amazing actor. If you loved him in this definitely check out The Lookout, Brick, and Manic (which he starred with zooey deschanel 7 years ago). They are all excellent movies and they will not disappoint.

Can't wait to see it on Wed.

I saw this Sunday. There weren't a lot of people in the auditorium (GI Joe was sold out) but I loved it. I would have like a happier ending but it was cute just the same. I can see why it did so well premiering at the Sundance Festival.

Love Zooey Deschanel & Joseph Gordon Levitt. How he has changed since Third Rock from the Sun. The character of his sister was hysterical.

I saw this a couple weeks ago and loved, loved, loved it - so much I want to see it again, if not just for the dancing/singing scene. Kind of like how SATC is a "love song to NYC" (I think SJP or someone else close to the series described it that way), this movie is in a small way a love song to LA - not the cheesy Us Weekly/Hollywood scene LA, but more the historic architecture in the city. The actors were perfectly cast and I liked that it wasn't the ending you'd anticipate.

This is the best movie I've seen in a while... and surprisingly I know a few guys love this movie too... Joseph Gordon-Levitt is amazing as usual... since he did that movie Mysterious Skin I really respect him... and the lovely Zooey is adorable as usual... I think I would have really hated the character if it was played by other actress... plus great soundtrack!

I just now watched this movie on Demand (I know, I'm WAY behind in the times!), but I thought it was cute. It didn't go where I thought it was going to go and I thought the ending was cute (what's so "not happy" about it?). Altho I almost always love Zoe Deschanel and the characters she plays, I didn't particularly care for this one, but maybe that was the point, maybe you weren't supposed to like Summer and root for Tom? (btw -- I totally agree with the poster who says she sees Katie Perry every time she sees Zoe D - I see Zoe every time I see Katie Perry!!) I also really like Joseph Gordon-Levitt and think he has turned into quite an actor. I'm surprised we aren't seeing more of him, but maybe with more movies like this one, he'll start to get bigger and bigger roles.

I loved the scenes that took place in Tom's mind - the scene where he was dancing his way to work was very well done!And the "expectation"/"reality" split screen was such clever story telling!

I'm glad I finally got to see it and would highly recommend it if you haven't already seen it!