$4850 Dooney and Bourke bag and yes it is over 4 thousand dollars

I don't like it. Not because it's D&B but because I don't like the style of the bag.

Honestly, if I was at the income level that dropping $5k on a bag was no big deal, the designer or resale value wouldn't matter to me. If I didn't want it anymore, I'd probably just give it to the maid or to my assistant. LOL

you all have made some great points. resale value has crossed my mind ; but ultimately i plan on using my items for many seasons to come. i gather from the comments teh price point can portray the buyer of it as "out of touch" or only justified if bought by a big name company. it is very interesting

I wouldn't spend $400 on that bag. It has no style to it. If I'm going to spend $4850 on a handbag, it has to be fabulous!

Haha, agreed.

I really like the color and I'm sure it's very durable and practical, but I have had some disappointments in my experiences with Dooney. The very first bag I bought from them just "fell apart". It was the large sac zebra print hobo (gold) and even though it said it was leather, after maybe about a week of carrying it, the stripes started to peel off :sad: It looked like foil underneath that they had just pasted on. I know that doesnt apply here, but that is just what soured them for me :Push:

QUESTION: are these bags actually produced? WILL SOMEONE IN THE WORLD ACTUALLY ORDER ONE OF THESE BAGS?

I just realistically cannot see one person buying this bag, it looks too similar to the Croc. embossed TJ Maxx exclusives.

2819516315_9c478df023.jpg

I found one with the head and claws... eeewww.. Yeah, I have to say no to this bag (and the one pictured above). I have no interest in exotic skins. There are so many great bags out there - this is just crazy!!

First off... I am a HUGE anti exotic skin person... I even hate fur coats...

Secondly... I am also a HUGE Dooney fan! (wish I owned more and I soon will)... I love the bag design, I think it's classy without being over the top... as far as the price... eh... i need to buy a car before I make any big payments like that...

Now... if the bag were made in the fake croc Nile Croc... and was priced at about $400 I would be hopping all over that bag!