40% off letter and repair questions

greyhoundgal

Mar 5, 2006
So I have read several times that when a bag is sent in for repair and it can't be repaired Coach will send a 40% letter...uuummmm...wtf? If I buy a $800 bag and two years from now it needs repair and I get a 40% off letter I am going to be pissed! That just doesn't seem fair to me, especially if the only bag that I can or want to purchase is only $300 or something like that.

Usually the 40% off letter is given IF the bag is an older style ( not sure how old ). Plus, if you get the 40% off, you will still get to keep your bag.
If the bag is a newer style and they can't repair it, they will send you a merchandise credit for the original retail value of the bag.
I know I sent in my '07 legacy shoulder bag this year, that I paid $80 for, and I got back $479 in merchandise credit.

I have 2 bags with a broken handle. Last time I sent in a bag with this problem they repaired it. Now I have another bag I bought at the factory. The handles are fraying something awful. I'm embarrassed to use it. It looks like a fake Coach bag. I wish I had returned it when I first bought it but at the time I thought a factory bag wasn't up to par but I never imagined it would look like this. I bought it to use as a work bag but I have barely used it since I bought it. It just looks so bad. I wonder what Coach will do with this bag. I would love a 40% off for this bag.

i sent one of my zoe's in for repair and they sent me a letter giving me x amount of days to respond.....they couldn't fix the strap on my chocolate zoe so they said they would send me out a brand new one or they could return that one to me. duh....i had a new one sent out. i'm guessing i only got a new one because they were still out on the market to buy. don't know what would've happened if they didn't have any more.

they did give me a choice though if you're worried about that.

Yeah, I forgot to mention that...
If the style of bag is from a current line and they have that style in stock, they will most likely offer to send you a new bag in that same style.

i sent one of my zoe's in for repair and they sent me a letter giving me x amount of days to respond.....they couldn't fix the strap on my chocolate zoe so they said they would send me out a brand new one or they could return that one to me. duh....i had a new one sent out. i'm guessing i only got a new one because they were still out on the market to buy. don't know what would've happened if they didn't have any more.

they did give me a choice though if you're worried about that.

Yes, the bag is normally a bunch of years old and in very poor state. Coach bags do not get so broken that they can not fix it.

I just sent in a 2004 bag that was given to me in such poor state all I can hope for the 40% off..

Yeah, I forgot to mention that...
If the style of bag is from a current line and they have that style in stock, they will most likely offer to send you a new bag in that same style.

If you bring it in to the boutique, and they have your style there, they'll probably just exchange it for you. No sending it in at all. That's what happened to my Hamptons straw bag. They just brought out a new one. And then when it happened again they let me exchange for whatever I wanted in the store that price.

I'm getting ready to send my whiskey Ali in from the legacy line. The sealent is outrageous, and it's caused the leather to start to fray!!!

I'm hoping for credit, I don't see anything I like on the sight right now...and you've got to be able to afford the other 60% of the bag you do like.

We'll see. I know someone awhile back got a 40% OFF coupon for a bag I thought would have warranted credit, but I later found out she sent in 4 bags for repair. In that case I think they just picked the oldest bag and gave the coupon for that one. Otherwise I'm sure they would have been sending out about $2000.00 in credit to one customer at one time.

I just sent a large leather Madeline that had some sealant issues (cracking) as well as cracked leather. The line came out a year ago, I think, and they gave me full credit for the bag.

I have a MFF white leather tote that is a little over a year old. The leather looks crinkled/wrinkled in spots on the front sides. I keep paper in it when not in use but it doesn't help it. I really don't want to use it because it looks cheap. I wonder if it is a result of using cheap leather since a MFF bag. What would Coach do? Is it worth sending in? Has this ever happened to any one else?

Will they tell me this is normal wear? It is a structured tote. White leather lunch tote to be exact and otherwise is in good shape with no other signs of abuse or wear.

Any experience with this and what I should do would be appreciated because like I said I don't even want to use it.

Anyone know their policy on giving credit for boutique deletes bought at an outlet? Would they give full retail credit? Just curious, with the way outlet prices go up and down, I don't know how they would know what price you paid at the outlet.