40 Kelly

Ok I have been obsessed with this size since seeing the 40 Kelly threads. Was surprisingly able to score one secondhand...

Love it! It feels kind of like having a "shoulder" birkin. It will be great for work and casual use day to day. I see this getting a lot more use than the smaller Kellys in my lifestyle anyway.

Attachments

• DSC03015.JPG
    DSC03015.JPG
    156.8 KB · Views: 60
  • DSC03024.JPG
    DSC03024.JPG
    135.3 KB · Views: 213
  • DSC03037.JPG
    DSC03037.JPG
    136.6 KB · Views: 82
  • DSC03021.JPG
    DSC03021.JPG
    82.9 KB · Views: 94
So its not true that 40cm is only Special Order?

or was it only SO at one point in time? I thought that's why a lot of them that you see don't have the leather or canvas strap.

Do ya'll think that the ones that will start to appear on store shelves have straps or not?

^ Kelly bags do not come with a canvas strap.
I do not know if 40 cm comes with a strap/is made with the additional rings to attach a strap (added to the Kelly around the year 2000). So if you want to wear it as a shoulder bag, you would attach a strap to the rings the handle attaches to the top of the bag with. Someone with a recent Kelly 40 can chime in with the facts here...

oh yeah. I forgot about that extra ring that older Kellys didn't have. So was it after that time that all Kellys came with the leather strap?

Maybe I was confused. I recall reading that Croc kellys or vintage croc Kelly's came standard with canvas straps? no?

oh yeah. I forgot about that extra ring that older Kellys didn't have. So was it after that time that all Kellys came with the leather strap?

Maybe I was confused. I recall reading that Croc kellys or vintage croc Kelly's came standard with canvas straps? no?

maybe you saw the one i had custom made. http://forum.purseblog.com/hermes/canvas-croc-custom-made-strap-for-kelly-454112.htmlcanvas
using an Evelyne-style strap on Kelly bags is purely a customer-idea and my distinct impression is that Hermes will not diverge from producing the traditional Kelly in the traditional way. I assume they produce the variations such as shoulder Kelly bags and other styles to address the changes in look that some customers may be seeking.

Thanks Laila! And yes! I do remember your custom strap for your croc Kelly.

I was wracking my brain on where I read it so after some searching, I found the post here http://forum.purseblog.com/hermes/kelly-with-a-canvas-shoulder-strap-218490-4.html

CobaltBlu posted that maybe Kellys at one point in time came with both straps.

Now Im just wondering if H would make adjustable one like on the Evelyne III. I have and adjustable black one that I got from a Furla hobo (to tell you the truth, I think I bought it just for the strap), and it doesn't slip like it does with H's.

omg! Gorgeous bag!!! What a lucky find.
attachment.php

Reactions: mushashi415
I have seen them occasionally in the London stores.

But if you feel you need one so badly why don't you just order one?

I am not sure if you were responding to me or not, but I have found that the same bag can look totally different in different colors. It's nice to try different colors/skins on before you make up your mind. But in any event, I do have one on order.

I saw one last week in Copenhagen...not much help, I know, since you are in OC....it looked gorgeous, chocolate togo or clemence with palladium although there was no strap on display. It also looked smaller than I would have imagined, maybe it was the dark colour that made it appear smaller? Best of luck finding one!

BBL and Costa...stunning Kellies!!

Kat