3 Day Old SO Chevre B in Desperate Need of Help!

HermesPomMom

Jan 23, 2013
Oh dear Lord! My new 30B Etoupe chevre SO birkin has COLOR Transfer from a black sweater I wore yesterday on the edge and back.

WHAT DO I DO? (Besides cry, which I have covered.) I haven't even had a chance to do a reveal pic yet.

Do I send it immediately back to my boutique (have to be shipped) for repair? Is there anything I can try first? I am entirely terrified.

Please, Purse Experts, help! I have done nothing yet to it. What do I do?????

The first place everyone is going to suggest is Hermes repair... second is Docride's thread (which I see that you're discovered)... third is a leather cleaner (brands vary by who you ask... but check first that the cleaner is suitable for chevre (goat))...

but even though this is hotly contested every time someone mentions it, I've been successful removing such stains with a simple baby wipe (non alcohol, non perfume)... which I always have on hand since I have a little one. This happened every time that I wore a gris perle bag in swift... with any black sweater... at the end of the day... I gently wiped the edges and back... wherever there was staining... followed by a dry cloth to remove any residual moisture... by the time that I took it out again to wear it again... the stains always disappeared 100%

Leather cleaner or baby wipe - test in a small spot first - before proceeding - or simply send it off for repair if the thought of DIY is too nervewracking.

GL :smile:

Oh dear Lord! My new 30B Etoupe chevre SO birkin has COLOR Transfer from a black sweater I wore yesterday on the edge and back.

WHAT DO I DO? (Besides cry, which I have covered.) I haven't even had a chance to do a reveal pic yet.

Do I send it immediately back to my boutique (have to be shipped) for repair? Is there anything I can try first? I am entirely terrified.

Last edited:
Lexol PH Wipes working ***very gently*** in circular motion, pat with slightly moist cloth, then pat with dry soft cloth, observe, then repeat if needed....

I actually removed a terrible huge sharpie stain from my brand new *etoupe* birkin on its first outing. It took about 20 repetitions, but the bag returned to good as new! Couldn't see the stain, and no damage to top layer.

So, any particular baby wipes, how about the Kirkland brand, the Costco's brand. I have just those or water wipes, which are definitely too wimpy for anything, barely can wipe what they are supposed to, lol!

I would call an Hermes boutique with a crafts person on site and ask that person what to do.

Baby wipes for me! I use them regularly to clean my Birkins and Kelly's. Actually baby wipes (after probably ten repetitions) completely removed blue jean transfer on my white Birkin on its first outing out too! I was so relieved. Good luck!

Use black rock
I used on my orange lindy

No homecare for a BN $$$$ bag.........................please take it to Hermes for professional TLC & repair. NONE of us here at the PF are Hermes-trained leather ateliers (that I am aware anyway) and I would feel awful if you tried a remedy suggested here that made matters worse. Please let us know what you decide and outcome.

I'm a big fan of baby wipes too. I got a small stain on my gris t ostrich birkin and was able to get it out with Johnson and Johnson baby wipe. I've used baby wipes on Clemence, chevre and Togo as well. I did test with small hidden area first with each leather, though.

No homecare for a BN $$$$ bag.........................please take it to Hermes for professional TLC & repair. NONE of us here at the PF are Hermes-trained leather ateliers (that I am aware anyway) and I would feel awful if you tried a remedy suggested here that made matters worse. Please let us know what you decide and outcome.

I second this.Bring it to H - they are the experts and they know what to do!

I'm with all who said to contact your H boutique! Don't try anything at hope that could make it worse...

But try not to worry too much darling! I'm sure you will get it off!

Good luck, and keep us posted!!