2nd chance offer and seller protection

Sep 22, 2006
the winner of my listing didnt pay and i am making 2nd offer. i know paypal provide seller protection if item is shipped in 7 days from auction end. so what if i receive the payment from the 2nd offer after that and ship the item? i want to be sure on that, if i can;t get protection i'd rather relist it again. thanks!

I'm sure someone else will have more info on this than me but, I am assuming that as long as you go through ebay and click on the 2nd chance offer link to complete the transaction, I'm sure that you will have 7 days from the date that the 2nd chance offer was accepted but, don't quote me on this. It just seems that would be how it would work.

Theoretically, what happens if the seller ships out 8 or more days after the auction ends? I don't really understand the 7 day rule. If the item is sent with delivery confirmation, then can the buyer claim she never received it? Clearly seller protection has ended since shipping exceeded 7 days, but if the USPS has proof that it's been delivered...then what?