225 vs 226 reissue

Do you mind sharing a photo of you wearing it crossbody? I’m seeing mixed reviews on how it looks, some say it’s too short to do that
Depends on your build. I have the 226 and am stocky, large busted, and cannot wear it cross body. But i’ve seen pix of small gals who are able to wear it that way.

Thank you so much for all your input, ladies! Really so helpful in making my decision! And here’s the big reveal...

I went with the 226 and I’m completely in love!! ❤️

Congrats on your new 226 reissue! I also purchased the same bag a few weeks ago and am looking forward to adding it to me rotation. Enjoy your new treasure!

hi!

I need some advice on the pros and cons of the 225 vs 226 looking to get one before the price increase in the so black! I tried both on and am torn on which to get ! For reference I’m 5’7. I have a black caviar and silver jumbo already as well as a black caviar with lghw and the beige Claire with gold hardware in this size range. I do have a cross body glazed calf that fits a lot as well as smaller minis and woc ! Just so you have an idea! Please let me know everyone’s insight !

I originally bought the 225 but exchanged it for the 226 because it fit all my daily essentials. And now I have two 226 reissues. I really wanted the so black as well so I’m still debating whether or not I need to add another reissue before the price increase!

I originally bought the 225 but exchanged it for the 226 because it fit all my daily essentials. And now I have two 226 reissues. I really wanted the so black as well so I’m still debating whether or not I need to add another reissue before the price increase!

Yes that’s I think why I’m rushing to get one but don’t want to pick the wrong one ! I tried a 225 on with my one da and loved it and the 226 with a different . The same as didn’t have both for me to see side by side !!!

Do you find that the 226 gets bulky when wearing crossbody ?

I have a 225 and a 226. Love the 225 for crossbody and carry the 226 only on the shoulder. I like the extra room with the 226. I don’t find myself carrying that much but sometimes struggle closing the flap on the 225 when I slip my phone into the outer pocket. That drives me beyond nuts. I love both my bags but prefer the 226. I don’t load it up so I don’t find it heavy at all.

Reactions: Pisces317 and MahaM
Agree w/ @altsweetpea11. Both sizes are great, but 225 is better for crossbody and perfect if you don't carry much (which I don't usually, so if I had to chose one it would be the 225). 225 can also be more dressy vs. the 226. However, if you carry more and having a crossbody option isn't as important a feature for you, the 226 would be the better option (granted the 226 can be worn crossbody, but I feel the 225 looks better when worn that way). I don't feel either size is heavy or uncomfortable to wear. GL

Hi! I think at 5'7 the 226 will look perfect on you! So chic! Good luck deciding! I tried them both and neither size looked bulky. I could happily have gone with either size, but since I am only 5'2, I went with the smaller. Loved the 226 though!

Yes that’s I think why I’m rushing to get one but don’t want to pick the wrong one ! I tried a 225 on with my one da and loved it and the 226 with a different . The same as didn’t have both for me to see side by side !!!

Do you find that the 226 gets bulky when wearing crossbody ?

At first, I tried on the blue reissue and found it to be bulky. And I ended up with the 225 but I went back a few days later to try on a black aged calfskin 226 and it didn't look as bulky. I guess black really does make you look slimmer :lol:.

I have the So black in the 225 size. Its a great looking size for everthing under the sun (incl the dressier occasions such as weddings). I did try on the 226 and thought it was better suited for slightly casual situations, whereas the 225 is quite versatile across the board. Especially in this cool understated combo. Worth mentioning that the 225 size holds its shape better over time. Just my humble opinion though. Everyone is different and then again you are taller than me - I'm 5'3". Sorry couldn't tell from your post if you meant you already have classic flaps in M/L size. But if you don't, perhaps get it in the 225 since you don't have any in the in-between size. The 225 is equivilant to a Medium classic flap and holds a similar amount. Hope this helps and doesn't further confuse you. If all else fails, try it again in-store and go with what 'sings' to you the most.

Reactions: Maymyothu
I have the So black in the 225 size. Its a great looking size for everthing under the sun (incl the dressier occasions such as weddings). I did try on the 226 and thought it was better suited for slightly casual situations, whereas the 225 is quite versatile across the board. Especially in this cool understated combo. Worth mentioning that the 225 size holds its shape better over time. Just my humble opinion though. Everyone is different and then again you are taller than me - I'm 5'3". Sorry couldn't tell from your post if you meant you already have classic flaps in M/L size. But if you don't, perhaps get it in the 225 since you don't have any in the in-between size. The 225 is equivilant to a Medium classic flap and holds a similar amount. Hope this helps and doesn't further confuse you. If all else fails, try it again in-store and go with what 'sings' to you the most.
Thank you all so much! I have a M/L in black with light gold and a beige claire with gold. I also have both beige and black minis (clearly i gravitate towards black and beige haha)

I guess i need to really decide what my use is for besides just the color combo!

Reactions: rock chic and 18eve