20B Leather...quality issues???

tpm1224

Dec 2, 2019
I purchased a 20B burgundy jumbo mid September and has been my go to bag since. I just noticed a tiny scuff on the corner of the bag, attaching photo. I have read that quality of leather varies from season to season. I’m wondering if the leather from this season is not as durable? Admittedly I don’t necessarily baby my bags, but I’m not hard on my Chanel bags. I am a little disappointed since from what I understand, caviar leather is durable. I also have a reissue I purchased from the boutique in July and have worn the bag frequently and treat it the same as the jumbo and the reissue is still pristine.

Just wanted to get everyone’s thoughts on this as I’m pretty new to Chanel and this is the first time I’ve had wear so quickly on a new bag. thanks!!!

31D7BBBD-4CC6-40C0-8C33-C707F83ADE67.jpeg

I have noticed the the 20B seasonal WOC I got has softer than usual caviar with smaller grain. The corners and edges are wearing faster than my card case which has the regular caviar, but not to the point where I see a color difference.

Hello everyone, this is my first time in the forum. I just scored a Chanel mini square incognito in so black from the store. A few links in the chain seem to twist as I store the bag so I straighten them every time, I am not sure if it twist while I wear it. I have modeled it several times to the mirror. I have not worn the bag not taken the tags off in case I return it, is this normal in Minis? I own a classic medium flap and I never had this issue? I am a newbie in Chanel I don’t know if this will drive me crazy? But I have also heard that so black bags are really hard to come by? I would really appreciate your seasoned feedback!! Thanks!

Hello everyone, this is my first time in the forum. I just scored a Chanel mini square incognito in so black from the store. A few links in the chain seem to twist as I store the bag so I straighten them every time, I am not sure if it twist while I wear it. I have modeled it several times to the mirror. I have not worn the bag not taken the tags off in case I return it, is this normal in Minis? I own a classic medium flap and I never had this issue? I am a newbie in Chanel I don’t know if this will drive me crazy? But I have also heard that so black bags are really hard to come by? I would really appreciate your seasoned feedback!! Thanks!
I dont think the chanel mini square incognito is the classic square mini. It's a seasonal bag as the closure is different from the classic version.. Ive read that the incognito chain tends to twist alot . I believe there's a thread on this. The classic mini square flaps do not do this.

I researched and yes you are right I found more threads. I think I will just return the bag if I am hesitating this much it probably means it’s not for me! Thanks!