2021 Resolution: Shopping my own bag and SLG collection. Any one else?

NOVEMBER ACTIVITIES

1. Bags by Brand Showcase!

Each week, share photos of your bags from the specified brands. Choose a posed “beauty” shot or get your bags out and about in action shots!

We highlight 3 brands per week: 2 premier and 1 contemporary in alphabetical order as listed on tPF. Any brands not listed are showcased in our last week. Brands change to the next set each Sunday.

Our first brand week starts now - Sunday, Oct 31. Please share photos of bags from these brands:
  • Bottega Venetta
  • Burberry
  • Alexander Wang

Tip: Grab your photos from last year in the 2020 resolution thread. Search your user name and the brand to find your photos.

2. Special Stories
Thanks @Claudia Herzog for the suggestion

Wear a bag that has a backstory involving a person, place, or opportunity for which you feel grateful.

Last edited by a moderator:
Of course it does! I put up some special shelves for the designer bags, contemporarys go on the top shelf of the rack. Luckily the previous owner had rack shelves that were almost 16” deep, so plenty big enough for my mostly mid-sized bag collection. I will post closet pics tomorrow, with my vintage rehab Fendis and Ferragamo. Here are some house pics…I took them the other day, so there is still some clutter as we are bringing the last bits from the old house and there is some furniture and decor we left behind for staging (like a second sofa) that will complete everything.View attachment 5264744View attachment 5264745View attachment 5264746View attachment 5264747View attachment 5264751View attachment 5264752View attachment 5264753View attachment 5264755View attachment 5264756View attachment 5264757
What an absolutely SPLENDID house!
Do you like to cook? Because I can just see you doing fierce things in that kitchen. (Of course, I'm making assumptions here. Maybe your DH likes to cook? My head is still stuck in the 1970s! :giggle: )

I don't think that is unsuccessful. I think if it works it works. I Have a bunch of mini crossbody totes from Porland leather Goods that really work for me. I have more expensive bags too but, the PLG mini is the easiest for me to use, so I do.
I wish PLG made the mini crossbody in a dark (forest) green. I'd jump at that! Do they ever add new colors?

Reactions: More bags
Closet and my 2 vintage rehabbed canvas Fendis, blue Ferragamo doctor bag and my chicest Longchamp. I have tried TWICE to buy a leather Longchamp and BOTH times it got lost or stolen in the mail! I also have several other Le Pliages in various colors and sizes (stored folded and in a basket) for travel and rough weather days.

I store all my bags in dust bags and, except for the Hermès, most are not in the corresponding brand, since I buy secondhand/vintage and most do not come with the original bag. Top bag shelf is Hermes, second is LV, third is the Italians.

We have his and hers closets :happydance: The smaller closet and the dresser in the bedroom is his, the bigger one is mine. Eventually, I would like to get a simple white dresser (the bedroom has a rectangular shape and my dresser needs to be in my closet) and solid shelving, paint the walls. We bought a $50 secondhand dresser that turned out to be a piece of crap death trap! Not even worth repainting, though the size/shape is perfect. I asked for a bigger, single jewelry box for Christmas. But I am happy with my closet overall and for now. I need an organized, uncluttered closet, but not a fancy one.:smile:View attachment 5264981View attachment 5264982View attachment 5264983View attachment 5264984View attachment 5264985
Love your closet, especially the way you've used a variety of organizers to keep it uncluttered.

Mr. PG and I have separate closets, too. Always have had. I think it's why we've stayed married for 43 years! :lol:

Have you considered to stick a photo of the content onto each box?
I have lots of shoes in boxes, am notorious for forgetting what I have and I´m cheap, so instead of the photos my boxes have notes on them- personal descriptions of the shoes inside like:" stunning, black, bought in Venice" or " white 50ies, Saks, too tight."
This is a brilliant idea, @cowgirlsboots .

Finally I took photos of the bag organzier I made for the DKNY. It really makes a difference to the structure and practicability of the bag. What the photo doesn´t show: There´s a compartment for my wallet, another for the phone and a middle compartment to easily hold the pouch and other items like my keys. I made it from draining mats. The inside is a microfibre terry cloth. Nice and soft.

View attachment 5265999

View attachment 5265997View attachment 5265998
You are SO creative! Even if you wanted to, you'd never be able to purchase an organizer that was so well-suited to your needs. And making it out of dish draining mats??? Sheer genius! :tup:

What an absolutely SPLENDID house!
Do you like to cook? Because I can just see you doing fierce things in that kitchen. (Of course, I'm making assumptions here. Maybe your DH likes to cook? My head is still stuck in the 1970s! :giggle: )
Thank you for the compliment! We love the new house and it feels like home already.
Yes, I love to cook. I haven’t had a chance to really throw down here yet, between getting this house in order and getting the other ready to list (which it did today:yahoo:) but soon! My DH’s cooking? Let’s just say…bless his heart, he means well.:lol: Though he does make a mean grilled cheese…

Love your closet, especially the way you've used a variety of organizers to keep it uncluttered.

Mr. PG and I have separate closets, too. Always have had. I think it's why we've stayed married for 43 years! :lol:
This is the first time for separate closets. Since he has more clothes and shoes than I do, he had the bigger dresser and larger share of the closet. Now I have the big closet!:coolio: And it is now permanently tidy, which was NOT the case with our other closet. I was constantly refolding, shelving and adjusting his stuff for the sake of my well-being….now I just keep his closet door shut!:lol:

and congrats on 43 years! I hope we get there.

We share a closet but DH knows I get most of it! That's why we've stayed married for 39 years! Actually DH would be fine having multiple copies of the same clothes to wear every day. He really doesn't care about clothes.

View attachment 5268711
Ferragamo SLGs. Bought the black one last summer & have used it quite a bit. Shows very little wear & tear. The compact wallet has become my go-to when I need to downsize (shh, don’t tell my Victorine wallet).
I love your small wallet! I love all small wallets but the leather has to be luscious and Ferragamo’s leather is terrific. I used a Ferragamo wallet for years (still have it) and it really is still decent...but since I used it for so long, I needed a change and never use it.

Wearing a Dr. Robert cross-body pouch for a walk on the beach today (UK independent that uses same factory as Josephs)

My suede/wool Fltflop boots came

I like them a lot but prob for what I paid (Black Friday + 20% new customer code) rather than their full price (I see they've gone back up now).

After quite a few years of either Doc Martens or designer boots, these feel less sturdy and weighty than I'm used to. They're almost like slippers with a hard sole. I can't think they'll last like my DMs (3 years almost solid wear usually). I'm glad I still have 2 pairs of DMs in the wings. The Fitflops are more occasional city walk than full-on trekking in the frozen North though so I may not take with them to Scotland.

The zip-up part stands quite a way away from my ankle which means if it rains my ankles may get wet. I'll deal. I really like they're suede and very matte. If they didn't have a wool interior I think they'd be a bit big so slightly bigger than TTS.
Oh what timing..I have been thinking about a pair of the classic Doc Martens 1461 (I think). I’m just not sure if I can pull it off. I want to wear it with dresses. The sales lady modeled a dress I bought and she had on a pair of combat boots and it just looked so good. I was smitten. I like that they are so comfortable. I do have not-so-comfy dressier boots but I’m just considering a new direction. Below is a photo of a tpfer and how she styled her tulle skirt...I love the look! Hers are not combat boots but the contrast of pretty with the boots is what I’m after. What do you think? Doc Martens or sleeker? Maybe a different color? E4F6A968-444D-47FD-9FF7-B9B97035E476.jpeg

Oh what timing..I have been thinking about a pair of the classic Doc Martens 1461 (I think). I’m just not sure if I can pull it off. I want to wear it with dresses. The sales lady modeled a dress I bought and she had on a pair of combat boots and it just looked so good. I was smitten. I like that they are so comfortable. I do have not-so-comfy dressier boots but I’m just considering a new direction. Below is a photo of a tpfer and how she styled her tulle skirt...I love the look! Hers are not combat boots but the contrast of pretty with the boots is what I’m after. What do you think? Doc Martens or sleeker? Maybe a different color? View attachment 5269135

I think great

Thank you for the compliment! We love the new house and it feels like home already.
Yes, I love to cook. I haven’t had a chance to really throw down here yet, between getting this house in order and getting the other ready to list (which it did today:yahoo:) but soon! My DH’s cooking? Let’s just say…bless his heart, he means well.:lol: Though he does make a mean grilled cheese…
A mean grilled cheese is not that easy!!:lol:

Oh what timing..I have been thinking about a pair of the classic Doc Martens 1461 (I think). I’m just not sure if I can pull it off. I want to wear it with dresses. The sales lady modeled a dress I bought and she had on a pair of combat boots and it just looked so good. I was smitten. I like that they are so comfortable. I do have not-so-comfy dressier boots but I’m just considering a new direction. Below is a photo of a tpfer and how she styled her tulle skirt...I love the look! Hers are not combat boots but the contrast of pretty with the boots is what I’m after. What do you think? Doc Martens or sleeker? Maybe a different color? View attachment 5269135
Go all the way with DMs. I have always loved the juxtaposition of frilly with chunky. I think it tones the frilly down and gives a flair of "je ne sais quoi".
My DD wore a lacy dress with a high heeled chunky combat boots for a party and the look was really fresh.

Last edited: