2021 Resolution: Shopping my own bag and SLG collection. Any one else?

NOVEMBER ACTIVITIES

1. Bags by Brand Showcase!

Each week, share photos of your bags from the specified brands. Choose a posed “beauty” shot or get your bags out and about in action shots!

We highlight 3 brands per week: 2 premier and 1 contemporary in alphabetical order as listed on tPF. Any brands not listed are showcased in our last week. Brands change to the next set each Sunday.

Our first brand week starts now - Sunday, Oct 31. Please share photos of bags from these brands:
  • Bottega Venetta
  • Burberry
  • Alexander Wang

Tip: Grab your photos from last year in the 2020 resolution thread. Search your user name and the brand to find your photos.

2. Special Stories
Thanks @Claudia Herzog for the suggestion

Wear a bag that has a backstory involving a person, place, or opportunity for which you feel grateful.

Last edited by a moderator:
View attachment 5009040
My blue bags
- An ancient Ferragamo hobo that I still love and wear a couple times a year
- A Maruca cross body. This is from a local company. Very well made, and super handy for when I need something light and care fee
- An older clutch from Jalda. I don't remember much about this little bag, except for some reason, I had to have it!
And a photo bomb from Jolene. She felt the need to be in this shot today!
Great bags, but - omg. Jolene!
what a sweetie! ❤️❤️❤️

@Vintage Leather, I am so sorry for your loss. I hope that you can celebrate your fathers life in September as planned and that you and your family take care of each other during this difficult time. We are here for you to talk about feelings or chat about lovely purchases you make to get yourself through these stressful times. Your CDC, and of course the mabe pearls and the hat, sound lovely, classic and very usable. Hugs

@Sparkletastic, invisaline sounds like a great diet aid. I’m looking forward to trying them soon. Also the sequined coach poppy bags sound amazing! There should be room in the closet just because something sparks happy memories ans makes you smile :biggrin:
@whateve, I am so glad you are getting out more now that you are vaccinated! I love your vintage coach bag (from 1997? ) and the deep rich blue sparkly metallic one. I thought of your exercise balance thingie bc I nearly fell over yesterday (trying to put my fleecy Amazon pants on)
@Kimbashop, I use makeup bags as clutches too and love balenciaga doe that purpose. Your emerald is gorgeous paired with your GMs scarf and I also love your vintage snakeskin. Happy belated birthday!
@whateve, I am so glad you are getting out more now that you are vaccinated! I love your vintage coach bag (from 1997? ) and the deep rich blue sparkly metallic one. I thought of your exercise balance thingie bc I nearly fell over yesterday (trying to put my fleecy Amazon pants on)
@Kimbashop, I use makeup bags as clutches too and love balenciaga doe that purpose. Your emerald is gorgeous paired with your GMs scarf and I also love your vintage snakeskin. Happy belated birthday!
@BowieFan1971, thank you for your advice on product! I adore your new scarf, but I meant to post a few days ago, that I think any scarf or bag color would make your eyes pop bc they are the most beautiful jewel color
@Cookiefiend, ITA with @bobkat1991, re the 18 being the perfect size! I’d like to get on the waitlist too! The vibrato is stunning. Will scroll back to see if I can find a glimpse of your embroidery.
@FizzyWater, I let go of a long PB in marron fonce fjord, and have regretted it for years. I keep a blue Jean bag as my one placeholder bright H bag bc it keeps me from buying other colors, but I can understand the dilemma of not using it. I did find that @diane278 ‘s trick of keeping a bag In the basement closet (or equivalent) helps me come to peace with letting go. . . another TPFer advised to try styling it for a few weeks and seeing if it sparks joy, but PB weight was also an issue for me. BTW, I’m also an ultralight bag traveler. But I think that’s a function of age :biggrin:
@sherrylynn, love the photo bomb from your new addition to your family, Jolene. She looks happy and relaxed!
@momasaurus, Barbie and GI Joe?
@Purses & Perfumes, did you post pics of your cross stitch cards for friends ans family? What an amazing gift! I will scroll back to see if I missed them as I only recall your gorgeous kitchen sampler.
@doni, I didn’t wear blue bags for years (ebene was my go to dark neutral), and then suddenly, I adored blue. I love your blue indigo Verrou with leather strap. I didn’t think I’d like the clasp, but suddenly I saw your bag and the clasp was perfect. Something to put on a future list :biggrin:
I was fortunate to have gotten a black 33 Evelyne sellier for DH as I had been looking for one for some months. 8 thought I was safe from its allure since I’m not really an evelyne person anymore and since his gold 33 is too big on me. A 29 is still really my size, but I will probably end up ‘borrowing’ this once he’s worn it a few times. I sent it to @docride for weatherizing. (DH and I were stuck in the rain for ten minutes waiting for his covid vaccine. I had my black barenia B30 and he had his gold 33 sellier evelyn in vache Hunter). Although they were rained on, a few hours later at home, they dried and were pristine.
Also, I very rarely ever wear the LV I kept (vintage from my own closet Sprouse long alma — it used to be called the knitting needle alma— that is a forever piece for me) but I was playing with an outfit and snapped a pic. The jacket is part of a RTW splurge (esp bc I haven’t worn white boucle wool since I bought one in 2002). I’m determined to buy forever pieces (for me) and use and wear the things I love.
7ED3A3F8-9041-4C75-9338-6BAA320FFBA4.jpeg )7C9FF1BF-EB7D-4421-B36E-607F3564AAAE.jpeg

Last edited:
I have to take pics and will make sure to post them here!

My blue bags, I think this is it... I also have a couple of Bal Bazars with more than a bit of blue in them but I wouldn’t say they are blue bags... I wear a lot of blue, but I tend to find blue bags a bit difficult (unless they are the summery kind like the book tote that I will NOT be carrying this month :P). I have been wanting a denim bag for the longest time too, but don’t seem to find the perfect one.

View attachment 5005968

View attachment 5005971
View attachment 5006020
I looooove the lock on ybe first bag!
@Cookiefiend, that is a lovely and intricate piece of embroidery. It must have taken you a while to finish. I agree that framing is the best option.
@Hazzelnut, it seems that I've given away most of the pieces I cross stitch to family and friends! I've just been doing small motifs for birthday cards and such, but I will continue to look and see if I can find one of the smaller pieces.
@Sparkletastic, your blue bags are stunning. I love the Miss Dior with the sliding chain and if one of those bags pop up somewhere, I am definitely going to be picking it up!
@doni, your Verrou is absolutely beautiful!
@Kimbashop, this is a little belated -- wishing you a very Happy Birthday!
My blue bags are the same as last years
View attachment 5006187
Dior Be Dior, Hermès Dalvy and Vibrato Picotin
Yummy Dior!
My blue bags-
Navy quilted Bally
Gucci coated canvas in navy
Teal no name Halzan 25 style bag...I bought for $22 to see if I like it before thinking about a real one in black. Glad I did...now I know I would need a 31. Jury is out on the style.

I saw a Bolide 31 in Gold Clemence today...Oh My Word! Gorgeous!!! But no more brown bags for me!View attachment 5006344View attachment 5006346View attachment 5006348View attachment 5006350View attachment 5006367 It did help me decide on a 31 over a 27 and that I loved the supple and slight slouchiness of the Clemence on the Bolide.

And my new Hermès pocket square! I love it! Makes my eyes pop and it is a horse but abstract. :yahoo:
I really like your Gucci!
View attachment 5006437
My blue bags:
First up is Lady Dior. I have often wondered if I should have gotten a lighter color like gray since I also have the black one, but I just love this color!
Stunning, classic beauty!
Have any of you gone down "memory road" with bag styles that "got away"?

The other night I found myself on ebay, tradesy and poshmark looking up older styles that I had loved but never took the plunge on like the Coach Poppy line and other Coach styles from the early 2010's. I feel like certain things come back I style- I was walking through bloomingdales over the weekend and noticed Balenciaga has moto inspired styles this season- I remember being so sad when they discontinued Moto!
Memory Lane: I was crazy about the Coach Poppy line when it came out. They had sequin bags at one time and I went cuckoo collecting them. :lol: My style has changed drastically so I don't know how I’d wear them again but I still have a love for them. They just made me happy!
In mid January, VintageDaddy died. In some ways, life has changed a little; in some ways, it’s been dramatically different.
Death during covid is weird. We weren’t allowed to see him in the hospital until 15 minutes before he passed away (and only two people could be there) and weren’t able to collect his personal possessions for a week. We just got the death certificate and ashes last week. Lord only knows when we’ll be able to have a celebration of life or an internment- we are tentatively think September. The usual rituals of grief are postponed and separated and scattered. And social security, VA benefits, life insurance don’t pay out without a death certificate. So my earring/selling fund paid for the cremation expenses and a month of mortgage payments and bills. Thank you, all my lovely buyers.

It’s been hard not to shop while grieving. So far, I’ve been sorta good, because I don’t want my things to be reminders of how stressed and overwhelmed I’ve been.

So, stats:

Bags In: 0
Bags Out: 1
Accessories In: 3
Jewelry and Accessories Out: 21
Total out : 276

My Total Outs are for my 2021 in 2021. The majority are from January, and only include sales, donations (no landfill, no trash!) and gifts. Gifts are only counted if solicited (ie sending family some of the glass art and marbles VintageMama and I made years ago, sending my aunt Vintage Daddy’s fountain pen collection and including several bottles from my ink... No dumping things on people with no need or desire for the thing.)

My three purchases are a pair of Mabe pearl earrings, a 90s era Philip Treacy straw hat with fabulous buckles, and a Collier de Chien bracelet (black box and gold). The CdC is a new style for me, so it may be returned, but I want to try it.
I’m so very sorry for your loss. :hugs:

I looooove the lock on ybe first bag!

Yummy Dior!
I really like your Gucci!
Stunning, classic beauty!
Memory Lane: I was crazy about the Coach Poppy line when it came out. They had sequin bags at one time and I went cuckoo collecting them. :lol: My style has changed drastically so I don't know how I’d wear them again but I still have a love for them. They just made me happy!
I’m so very sorry for your loss. :hugs:
I bought my daughter this Poppy sequin backpack back then.
0823-glamour-tour-coach-archive-sequin-backpack_sm_fa.jpg
Then later I bought this adorable drawstring but couldn't think of when I would use it so I returned it.sequin029.jpg

@Vintage Leather, I am so sorry for your loss. I hope that you can celebrate your fathers life in September as planned and that you and your family take care of each other during this difficult time. We are here for you to talk about feelings or chat about lovely purchases you make to get yourself through these stressful times. Your CDC, and of course the mabe pearls and the hat, sound lovely, classic and very usable. Hugs

@Sparkletastic, invisaline sounds like a great diet aid. I’m looking forward to trying them soon. Also the sequined coach poppy bags sound amazing! There should be room in the closet just because something sparks happy memories ans makes you smile :biggrin:
@BowieFan1971, thank you for your advice on product! I adore your new scarf, but I meant to post a few days ago, that I think any scarf or bag color would make your eyes pop bc they are the most beautiful jewel color
@Cookiefiend, ITA with @bobkat1991, re the 18 being the perfect size! I’d like to get on the waitlist too! The vibrato is stunning. Will scroll back to see if I can find a glimpse of your embroidery.
@FizzyWater, I let go of a long PB in marron fonce fjord, and have regretted it for years. I keep a blue Jean bag as my one placeholder bright H bag bc it keeps me from buying other colors, but I can understand the dilemma of not using it. I did find that @diane278 ‘s trick of keeping a bag In the basement closet (or equivalent) helps me come to peace with letting go. . . another TPFer advised to try styling it for a few weeks and seeing if it sparks joy, but PB weight was also an issue for me. BTW, I’m also an ultralight bag traveler. But I think that’s a function of age :biggrin:
@sherrylynn, love the photo bomb from your new addition to your family, Jolene. She looks happy and relaxed!
@Purses & Perfumes, did you post pics of your cross stitch cards for friends ans family? What an amazing gift! I will scroll back to see if I missed them as I only recall your gorgeous kitchen sampler.
@doni, I didn’t wear blue bags for years (ebene was my go to dark neutral), and then suddenly, I adored blue. I love your blue indigo Verrou with leather strap. I didn’t think I’d like the clasp, but suddenly I saw your bag and the clasp was perfect. Something to put on a future list :biggrin:
I was fortunate to have gotten a black 33 Evelyne sellier for DH as I had been looking for one for some months. 8 thought I was safe from its allure since I’m not really an evelyne person anymore and since his gold 33 is too big on me. A 29 is still really my size, but I will probably end up ‘borrowing’ this once he’s worn it a few times. I sent it to @docride for weatherizing. (DH and I were stuck in the rain for ten minutes waiting for his covid vaccine. I had my black barenia B30 and he had his gold 33 sellier evelyn in vache Hunter). Although they were rained on, a few hours later at home, they dried and were pristine.
Also, I very rarely ever wear the LV I kept (vintage from my own closet Sprouse long alma — it used to be called the knitting needle alma— that is a forever piece for me) but I was playing with an outfit and snapped a pic. The jacket is part of a RTW splurge (esp bc I haven’t worn white boucle wool since I bought one in 2002). I’m determined to buy forever pieces (for me) and use and wear the things I love.
View attachment 5009571 )View attachment 5009572
First of all, let me tell you how much I love that white jacket!!!! I want something like that! And the black one is really nice too!

Second- Aww! Thank you! And you’re welcome on the advice. I can talk skin— and handbags— all day!

In mid January, VintageDaddy died. In some ways, life has changed a little; in some ways, it’s been dramatically different.
Death during covid is weird. We weren’t allowed to see him in the hospital until 15 minutes before he passed away (and only two people could be there) and weren’t able to collect his personal possessions for a week. We just got the death certificate and ashes last week. Lord only knows when we’ll be able to have a celebration of life or an internment- we are tentatively think September. The usual rituals of grief are postponed and separated and scattered. And social security, VA benefits, life insurance don’t pay out without a death certificate. So my earring/selling fund paid for the cremation expenses and a month of mortgage payments and bills. Thank you, all my lovely buyers.

It’s been hard not to shop while grieving. So far, I’ve been sorta good, because I don’t want my things to be reminders of how stressed and overwhelmed I’ve been.

So, stats:

My Total Outs are for my 2021 in 2021. The majority are from January, and only include sales, donations (no landfill, no trash!) and gifts. Gifts are only counted if solicited (ie sending family some of the glass art and marbles VintageMama and I made years ago, sending my aunt Vintage Daddy’s fountain pen collection and including several bottles from my ink... No dumping things on people with no need or desire for the thing.)

My three purchases are a pair of Mabe pearl earrings, a 90s era Philip Treacy straw hat with fabulous buckles, and a Collier de Chien bracelet (black box and gold). The CdC is a new style for me, so it may be returned, but I want to try it.
I'm so sorry for your loss:hugs:
View attachment 5009040
My blue bags
- An ancient Ferragamo hobo that I still love and wear a couple times a year
- A Maruca cross body. This is from a local company. Very well made, and super handy for when I need something light and care fee
- An older clutch from Jalda. I don't remember much about this little bag, except for some reason, I had to have it!
And a photo bomb from Jolene. She felt the need to be in this shot today!
What a cutie! I love the Ferragamo hobo!
Thanks @More bags she is keeping me company on a road trip today!View attachment 5009179

So frigging cheerful!
This is such a happy colour! i love it!

beautiful Evelyne! I love your jackets very chic!
I bought my daughter this Poppy sequin backpack back then.
View attachment 5009574
Then later I bought this adorable drawstring but couldn't think of when I would use it so I returned it.View attachment 5009575
I love! :heart:

It's here, and I love it! Picture to follow this weekend, plus a bag spill. I don't think I would swap out the strap, now that I've used it for a few days. Only if the bag were really overloaded, but I can't really see doing that.

I bought it in the "almost perfect" sale… but there's no "almost" about it. I can't find a single thing wrong with it. I've carried it every day this week… which tells you something! :heart: :heart: :heart:
I am so happy it is working for you. Just don't put to much in it. Of course I will need a photo.

@880 I think you’d love the Verrou, it is such a practical bag too.
Despite having been tempted by the mini Evelyn for a second, I am also not an Evie person, but in sellier it looks oh so sleek.
I’d be happy to shop in your closet too. Btw, you always seem to be wearing perfect black pants (which is such a NY thing, I find). What‘s your intel on that?

Both jackets and bags looks fabulous on you.

So, stats:

So very sorry to read all this. You sound quite clear-headed, though. I hope you are navigating all this without extra stress and worry. We are here to listen!

It's here, and I love it! Picture to follow this weekend, plus a bag spill. I don't think I would swap out the strap, now that I've used it for a few days. Only if the bag were really overloaded, but I can't really see doing that.

I bought it in the "almost perfect" sale… but there's no "almost" about it. I can't find a single thing wrong with it. I've carried it every day this week… which tells you something! :heart: :heart: :heart:
So glad you like it! Looking forward to your pix and bag spill.