2021 Resolution: Shopping my own bag and SLG collection. Any one else?

NOVEMBER ACTIVITIES

1. Bags by Brand Showcase!

Each week, share photos of your bags from the specified brands. Choose a posed “beauty” shot or get your bags out and about in action shots!

We highlight 3 brands per week: 2 premier and 1 contemporary in alphabetical order as listed on tPF. Any brands not listed are showcased in our last week. Brands change to the next set each Sunday.

Our first brand week starts now - Sunday, Oct 31. Please share photos of bags from these brands:
  • Bottega Venetta
  • Burberry
  • Alexander Wang

Tip: Grab your photos from last year in the 2020 resolution thread. Search your user name and the brand to find your photos.

2. Special Stories
Thanks @Claudia Herzog for the suggestion

Wear a bag that has a backstory involving a person, place, or opportunity for which you feel grateful.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's how I wish all companies operated. I've been spoiled by prime.
Me too… but Prime isn't overnight any more. Have you noticed?

On the other hand, they often have a deal where if you're willing to wait a few extra days, you get either $1 or $1.50 digital credit. Since I buy eBooks, I usually take advantage of this.

Always lookin' for the edge! :lol:

Someone compromised my credit card, so a new one was sent to my US address. The forwarder there doesn't send international mail signature required, so I had them send it to my friend in California, who paid for (and I will pay her back for) signature required. I haven't left the apartment since Sunday. Today my bf goes out to take the recycling, and there's the UPS note. They didn't even ring the bell, and they left it at a nearby convenience store. I hate UPS so, so much.
That is TERRIBLE!!!!! :mad:

I don't think I've shared this new bag I bought. I had ordered it at the end of March. They sent me the wrong thing, but after I called, they sent out the correct one. It is a Coach Cashin 22 in cerise. The color is the perfect fuchsia, which is a color I had been looking for all last year. I had already gotten a fuchsia bag, very cheaply, last year but I couldn't resist this as it is a copy of a vintage Coach design from the 1960s, as shown in the second picture. Although I felt guilty about buying a new bag, I've found the style to be very easy to use. It has a central zip compartment and two open sections, both with pockets. It keeps me organized and I can easily pull out a mask, my phone or my sunglasses without having to unzip anything.View attachment 5061035

View attachment 5061041
This is a terrific bag! The color is wonderful, and I see exactly what you mean about ease of use.

Fun conversation on Alma vs. Bolide. I‘ll pop in for a quick hello and dash off (long day combined with my youngest DS having to quarantine due to being a close contact with someone at school who is a confirmed positive for Covid). His Covid test is booked and my vaccine is scheduled for next week. :frown::crybaby:

Here’s a picture of my Bleu Nuit Vernis Alma PM and Etain Bolide 31 in Clemence, bonus bag Coco Handle as well. I rehomed the Alma.
I wore both to work and casually on the weekend. The Bolide has a shoulder strap. Almas were not sold with a strap when I got mine. The Bolide handles don’t fold down, the Alma handles fold down.

Hope it helps! Stay safe and stay healthy!
View attachment 5062252
Thank you for the information & photos of the bags.

But… how scary for your DS to have been exposed to Covid-19!!! I do hope his test comes back negative.

And I'm glad you're booked for the vaccination. Mr. PG & I are now fully vaccinated, and it's been a stress reducer.