2021 Resolution: Shopping my own bag and SLG collection. Any one else?

More bags

O.G.
Jul 2, 2008
Canada
May Shopping Your Closet Challenges
  1. What fits in my bag? It does not have to be one of your best bags. The contents don't even have to be what you normally carry. Bag spill pics are welcome, real or imagined! Great idea @dcooney4! :hbeat: Adding @Kimbashop’s twist, What has been the most unusual thing you have carried in a handbag? :nuts:
  2. Rotate through your bags - wear as least five different bags this month or if that’s too easy, carry as many bags of your bags as you can in 31 days in May.
  3. Highlight your SLGs - share your favourite SLGs, most frequently carried and least frequently carried SLGs
  4. Your oldest bags - wear your two oldest bags in your collection, 1 x this month. It can be the bags you’ve owned the longest or vintage bags that go back the furthest in time, you decide how to interpret this.
Non bag challenge: declutter closets, eeek too intimidating start with coats, winter coats, spring coats, you can assess the coats you did and didn’t wear in winter and bring to the front your favourite spring coats (assuming you live in the Northern hemisphere, otherwise do the reverse.)

Last edited:

doni

O.G.
Oct 10, 2007
@More bags sorry to hear, I am sure your daughter will be fine!
My father got his second shot today. OMG it so slow in Europe I can’t even think about it...
@SouthernPurseGal you must be so relieved to finally being settling down in Atlanta!

Back to bags, I tend to agree with @880 that to me the Bolide feels more casual than the Alma. That said I owned a Bolide 28 in green box and got rid of it. It was a beautiful bag but didn’t work for me, maybe it was that neither here nor there in terms of casual/formal. I think at some point I will own a big Bolide, maybe Swift, perhaps a 1923, all puddly and functional and ready to be worn down.
I love this video of Isaac Mizrahi with his Bolide:

dcooney4

O.G.
Apr 15, 2007
D8D92D32-41A2-4479-8DD9-C18D535C27FE.jpeg Bought a dress today and had hubby take pictures of front and back to send to me dd for her opinion. Just now when I looked the bird is right non my derrière. Lol that and I have my hand knitted socks on. Such a funny picture. It took all my strength not to go in all the bag shops.

whateve

Authenticator
O.G.
May 10, 2010
Thanks ! These paints are so much fun. I did a quick outline on this one. Used a preparer first then sanded the butterfly only then five layers of paint and finisher. Thanks to everyone here telling me to do thin layers and my brother for telling me to sand it, I am quite happy with it.
What kind of paints and finisher are you using? How do you sand in just the one area?

BowieFan1971

Cat mom, wife, mother of a US Navy corpsman
Jun 19, 2020
Atlanta
She’s here!!!! And every bit as beautiful as I thought she would be! So happy...I thought she might’ve a little too big in the 35, but I don’t think so. Can’t wait until she gets her initials because she’s here to stay!!!!! Dressed with a Patou pocket square... image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Last edited:

dcooney4

O.G.
Apr 15, 2007

JenJBS

Sep 22, 2019

whateve

Authenticator
O.G.
May 10, 2010

whateve

Authenticator
O.G.
May 10, 2010
Oh what are you going to paint? So exciting!
Nothing exciting! Just a straight redye. I have an old bag that had ink stains. I have done a few coats of purple but I'm not really loving the color. It's darker than I expected. I'm not super happy with the texture either. So it is just sitting there while I decide what to do.