2019 resolution - shopping my own bag and wallet collection. Any one else?

Oooh pls share! You may have already but I’m way behind in 2018’s posts :sad: I actually bought 2 bvs, in 2018. One vintage and the other j don’t hunk is vintage but an older style. Not as good of a deal as $25 lol but worth it!! I love both and I’m so in love with bv right now haha. If I did let go of more bags I would trade it in for a bv. There were so many beautiful bvs in last year’s thread that I couldn’t stop thinking about them lol

These were my finds

1e26366d705ea3ef1025c908c050cb27.jpg
I can’t believe you got these so cheap. You Lucky Lady!

:flowers: I bought a bunch of Massaccesi bags these past few months. And. So I will not buy bags for a while. My goal is just enjoy my recent acquisitions and donate or drop off at consignment what doesn't work anymore, be it the most expensive bags...
However I realized I really love using my Balenciaga Town and hope to get another preloved but I'm taking my time. No rush.
Here's to a great Year for my lovely TPFers! :smile:

I am a big fan of your collection and your style.
Are you trying to break my resolution in the last 10 days of 2018 by wanting me to post my collection? Lol
My collection consists of classic items B35 in classic colors (étoupe, gold, Rouge garance...) and BV cabats, Venetas, knots with some limited edition BV bags.
I also didn't buy H scarves (I collect csgms and 90s)
I might buy BV bags before F/W 2019 collection.
Why thank you, @Juda ! :smile:

Hah! No, I certainly don't want to break your resolution! But maybe next year, when we have our various challenges, you will post some photos of your gorgeous bags.

I admire your restraint in not buying any H scarves this year. I didn't see anything that tempted me in either of the 2018 collections, so I didn't buy either. However I did buy one pre-loved mousseline in the 90cm size from a (very) trusted reseller, since those are so hard to find and I wanted one mousseline in my collection. :biggrin: As for next year's H scarves, so far so good (bad???). Nothing in the SS19 release is exciting me, but there's always the FW collection next summer. In the meantime, I'm enjoying wearing the ones I own.

Oooh pls share! You may have already but I’m way behind in 2018’s posts :sad: I actually bought 2 bvs, in 2018. One vintage and the other j don’t hunk is vintage but an older style. Not as good of a deal as $25 lol but worth it!! I love both and I’m so in love with bv right now haha. If I did let go of more bags I would trade it in for a bv. There were so many beautiful bvs in last year’s thread that I couldn’t stop thinking about them lol

These were my finds

1e26366d705ea3ef1025c908c050cb27.jpg
What GORGEOUS bags! I especially love the raspberry one. So yummy!

For those who track bag usage, can you please share how you do this?
Well, my system is so easy it's embarrassing, but here it is. I basically use a spreadsheet format. Bags down the left, usage across from left to right. And every day that I carry the bag I put an x in the corresponding square. At the end of the year, it's easy to see which bags got the most usage.

This is the first year I've tracked by day, instead of by week, and I've found that it isn't time consuming and it's given me good information. I downsized one full-sized and two small bags because of it!

Screen Shot 2018-12-20 at 3.53.27 PM.png

For those who track bag usage, can you please share how you do this?

I’m a weirdo and keep two lists on Google docs:

First, I note every time I wear a bag so I can count how many uses it got during the year—this is my 2018 top 10 so far.

IMG_2451.jpg

But then I also record the last DATE I wore a bag to try to catch the point I’m falling out of love with it. Some niche/seasonal bags don’t make it into rotation often, which is fine, but if I have a regular bag with low wears and that I haven’t worn in a while, it’s probably time to part with it.

IMG_2452.jpg

hello everyone! :wave:
i have met all my purchasing/acquiring goals in 2018, and even exceeded it :lol:
i wanted to get a mini black Cabat, who cares that i found 'mini' and 'black' in 2 different bags?? :lol: my main target was to buy wiser, and only what would be a 100% success for me, even though i exceeded my intended quota, my all bags have been a great success and that's what matters.
I also sold a few bags, which is very new to me, but i am glad i learned to let go of those, that don't work for me any longer, and not clutter my closet.
in 2018 i loved all the challenges we've had, it really helped me to keep the rotation up and know my preferences better, i want to keep doing this in 2019, too.
what relates to buying, i am so happy with what i have at the moment, that i don't know what else i might need/want, i really have all needs covered. I don't put myself to ban (it doesn't work for me anyway) but a hard pause will be my resolution for 2019.
meanwhile, i will keep selling the ones i decided to part with (a few are in consignment), or just give away.
Wishing everyone a great and successful 2019! :flowers:

Thanks for the tracking info, ladies! This may be crazy but I’m kind of wanting to do this with my H shawls as well. I love your ideas and I want to incorporate last worn date as well as a count!
I track my H scarf usage, though not the date I wear it. I just keep a list of my scarves in my closet, and I put a tick mark every time I take one of the scarves out. I started doing this in 2017, and it helped me re-home a BUNCH in 2018. Now I feel as though my collection is a much more manageable size, and is down to the ones I really truly love. Plus, even though the collection is smaller, downsizing has actually made me choosier about buying new scarves. I'm a LOT pickier now!