Current Good Quality Fair Price but Little Known Recommendation Thread

Thank you. I did read on here that D&B is a popular vintage bag as well (& I'm sure for contemporary ones) due to the leather. I think I will start with a preloved purchase(s). After thinking, I almost feel like I'm not worthy enough to request a custom order. I mean regarding leather, I kind of just thought smooth vs pebbled. Looking at the MM thread made me realize there was way more than just those 2. And it seems people do have a preference which is probably something I can't really develop until I try out lots of leathers & styles personally. But yes, I have realized that I do have a preference for carrying & I too need an outside pocket for my cell phone. Thanks for the help & I will enjoy my reading & browsing.

I should have said 'welcome' in my earlier post - so WELCOME! :biggrin::wave::wave:Tpf is a great resource for exploring - I love it when people post real life photos and mod shots so we can get a sense of how things wear and appear in normal lighting. Always something good to learn.

Purchasing used items is a wonderful way to go for economy, of course, and is a nice way of keeping it fun. I add to what others have said about remembering that and not to overdo it. By going used when I am curious about a line or specific style, at least for me, the challenge is frequently of the search itself and there is fun in discovering something that fits my budget in a manageable way which also expands my sense of style. In the last couple of years, I was quite surprised to discover that I love a good tote style or larger bag with some slouch, even though I had previously/always purchased smaller crossbody and satchel bags. Part of my revelation was also figuring out that I like to change my bags to work with my outfits on a regular basis and that using pouches to carry my items really facilitates that idea well and helps my organization. Who knows? You may discover you are a one-bag-a-season person or that you change every day. One thing for sure, though, is that none of this is a requirement and it does not have to break the bank. The options are truly endless.

Thank you. I did read on here that D&B is a popular vintage bag as well (& I'm sure for contemporary ones) due to the leather. I think I will start with a preloved purchase(s). After thinking, I almost feel like I'm not worthy enough to request a custom order. I mean regarding leather, I kind of just thought smooth vs pebbled. Looking at the MM thread made me realize there was way more than just those 2. And it seems people do have a preference which is probably something I can't really develop until I try out lots of leathers & styles personally. But yes, I have realized that I do have a preference for carrying & I too need an outside pocket for my cell phone. Thanks for the help & I will enjoy my reading & browsing.

I was exactly where you are 1.5 years ago before I discovered TPF. I did not like any textured leathers at all. I wanted large tote bags. I hated crossbody bags and hobo bags. No outside pockets was a deal breaker for me

Then I started branching out and trying new things. Now my absolute favorite leather is Verona which is very textured, I have a couple of crossbody bags that I really like to use, I have two large floppy, silky soft hobos (Araya brand) that are just dynamite and I have several (4-5?) bags with no outside pocket and I can get to my phone just fine.

Will you make any mistakes? OH YES. I ordered one bag without checking the dimensions well and when it arrived it was GIGANTIC. My hubby and I were rolling on the floor. Another one in Vacchetta is so heavy that I use it sparingly.

So have fun on your journey through Bagland and don't be afraid to branch out.

Thank you for this thread and this post in particular. This terribly tempting thread consumed my weekend and resulted in 3 purchases from Rough and Tumble. I couldn't resist the gorgeously coloured leathers. Thus I am so excited and also a bit guilty … but mostly cannot wait until I receive my purchases
Hi @tuowei did you receive your Rough and Tumble bags? I am curious what you think about them. I am considering ordering from them.

Pics time!! Apologies in advance if these pics or the formatting of this post is terrible, it's my first picture post!

First up the Polene:

The beautiful pearlescent box:
View attachment 4096235
Really substantial dust bag:
View attachment 4096236
The bag:
View attachment 4096237
Close up shot of D-ring and zipper:
View attachment 4096238
Those stunning structured handle straps:
View attachment 4096240
Feet on the bottom:
View attachment 4096241
Trying to show the capacity. Sorry I am a terrible photographer! XD Was looking around for things to show scale and you'll be pleased to know a whole wine bottle fits very easily inside with about 2/3 of the space still left on top
View attachment 4096242

Inner zip pocket:
View attachment 4096245

Inner slip pocket:
View attachment 4096244
I love that. If i had not purchased a Boston bag from another brand this last year I would be all over this. Give us some mod shots when you have time.

Hi @tuowei did you receive your Rough and Tumble bags? I am curious what you think about them. I am considering ordering from them.

Yes, I have received them and I am very happy. They look well-made and EXACTLY like the pictures. The leathers are lovely and quite different. The little suede bag with muted gold highlights and the emerald fawn leathers are some of the most beautiful leathers I have seen and velvety to touch but probably delicate. The expresso brown base on the emerald fawn bag is a hardy weathered leather, rough to touch and reminds me of swags (outdoor sleeping bags) - I find the combo delightfully perplexing and it is my favourite. Finally, the indigo and violet is a soft, smooth, chewy thick leather that will wipe down easily and thus become my baby-bag (the bags 3-way strap is what sold me for this purpose because I need a to backpack when they gets heavy). The ends of the straps are not rolled but I think it fits with the casual nature of these hobo bags so I don't mind the lack of refined finish. The leather is really their star feature.

Yes, I have received them and I am very happy. They look well-made and EXACTLY like the pictures. The leathers are lovely and quite different. The little suede bag with muted gold highlights and the emerald fawn leathers are some of the most beautiful leathers I have seen and velvety to touch but probably delicate. The expresso brown base on the emerald fawn bag is a hardy weathered leather, rough to touch and reminds me of swags (outdoor sleeping bags) - I find the combo delightfully perplexing and it is my favourite. Finally, the indigo and violet is a soft, smooth, chewy thick leather that will wipe down easily and thus become my baby-bag (the bags 3-way strap is what sold me for this purpose because I need a to backpack when they gets heavy). The ends of the straps are not rolled but I think it fits with the casual nature of these hobo bags so I don't mind the lack of refined finish. The leather is really their star feature.
Thank you for the review! I ordered an SLG and some leather swatches to start.

Today I met designer Angela Miklas. I knew her bags because they are on sale at a local high end store alongside the likes of Celine and Balenciaga (they are doing so well that she has been commissioned an exclusive collection for next season). What I didn’t know is that she took orders, meaning you can customize leather, colors and hardware of any of her styles and the bag will be produced to your specifications. The bags are handmade in Germany using Italian and German leathers and German hardware. Her signature style is the fold over bag which changes color depending on which side the flap is:

https://www.angelamiklas.com/

E28B4DFB-3BE5-48D6-A42C-1D3FE8D95753.jpeg

Has anyone tried Maison Heroine https://maisonheroine.com/ ?

I saw someone carrying the Marlene in black with the flaked gold gussets and it looked stunning! I was craning my neck trying to read the brand so I could look them up.

Looks like a perfect work / laptop bag but also quite big! I'd love to try it out if i were in the market for one but I need to stick with what i've got...

Reactions: _bellesparadise_
Has anyone tried Maison Heroine https://maisonheroine.com/ ?

I saw someone carrying the Marlene in black with the flaked gold gussets and it looked stunning! I was craning my neck trying to read the brand so I could look them up.

Looks like a perfect work / laptop bag but also quite big! I'd love to try it out if i were in the market for one but I need to stick with what i've got...

These look really good. @Sparkletastic ... this might work for you?