2018 - 50th ANNIVERSARY of the ALHAMBRA

This is probably correct.
What VCA should understand is that within this current economic environment customers are more conservative with their spending. This translates into customers waiting to make major purchases so it might be a wise decision for VCA to reveal new releases sooner rather than later because clients might be inclined to wait and see what will be offered for the 50th rather than purchase what is currently available.

Reactions: HADASSA
I have a feeling that the red tiger's eye holiday pendant may just be a prelude to what is coming for the 50th anniversary collection next year.

I am suspecting a whole line of necklace, earrings, rings and bracelet - whether its in full on red tigers eye or alternating with pink gold - is my guess.

But i can be wrong too. He, he, he

I have a feeling that the red tiger's eye holiday pendant may just be a prelude to what is coming for the 50th anniversary collection next year.

I am suspecting a whole line of necklace, earrings, rings and bracelet - whether its in full on red tigers eye or alternating with pink gold - is my guess.

+1

I can't help but wonder if this might look closer to letterwood than the yellow tigers eye or even carnelian.
Perhaps sort of like tortoise shell...but more luminous. It would be nice if they select stones with a rich red hue but hmmmm we shall soon see, I suppose.

Reactions: BBC and nicole0612
I can't help but wonder if this might look closer to letterwood than the yellow tigers eye or even carnelian.
Perhaps sort of like tortoise shell...but more luminous. It would be nice if they select stones with a rich red hue but hmmmm we shall soon see, I suppose.

That's exactly what our SAs were saying TGG, closer to letterwood than carnelain and tigers eye. But of course, none of them confirmed - they didnt deny either - that red tiger's eye may be the holiday pendant. They said they always seem to be the the last to know compared to like VCA Neimans, Harrods, Selfridges etc.

And it seems these stores since they're independent from VCA, can benefit from an early announcement (and taking deposits) etc. They say that always happen every year.

That's exactly what I was thinking TGG. That it might be like letterwood and less red at least from the google images I've been looking at of red tigers eye.

I'd love a red, my problem with carnelian is that it's translucent so it does not appear red with my skin tone.

I'm hoping there's a good variation of hues like chalcedony

Am I crazy for being excited already :graucho:?
I am checking this thread several times a day and when I see a new comment, my heart just skips a beat. Even though there is nothing confirmed yet for the Alhambra anniversary :P.
The thought about alternating motifs excites me - I missed out on the Letterwood with alternating motifs, but if they do a nice combination for 2018 (and red tiger eye could be nice I think), I am in!
That's all, now I am back in the excitement modus, watching this thread like a hawk :amuse:.

Pazt, to be honest, unless the RED TE is like ruby red, I really will not be interested, LE or NOT[emoji107]

I find to do a stone that closely resembles Letterwood or current TE is redundant IMHO.

Now, if they decide to do BLUE TE, to replace Lapis and Turquoise, I'm definitely in [emoji1360]

VCA corporate, hope you are listening from this corner of the world [emoji289]

IMG_1501535993.834175.jpg

IMG_1501536010.476823.jpg

[Pics from Pinterest]

Pazt, to be honest, unless the RED TE is like ruby red, I really will not be interested, LE or NOT[emoji107]

I find to do a stone that closely resembles Letterwood or current TE is redundant IMHO.

Now, if they decide to do BLUE TE, to replace Lapis and Turquoise, I'm definitely in [emoji1360]

View attachment 3781656

View attachment 3781657

[Pics from Pinterest]

If only!! This would be amazing!!

Reactions: HADASSA
Oh how did I miss this thread? Just getting caught up and will also be checking in frequently to see if there is any new intel.

My wish would be for turquoise they've been hiding away!!

View attachment 3781656

View attachment 3781657

[Pics from Pinterest]

Oh Hadassa, I agree with you so much. VCA has so many options in warm tones - letter wood, carnelian, gold. But it is missing blue and cooler tones. With lapis and turquoise barely present in collections we need a blue.

I think perhaps we need to send the link of this thread to VCA head office!:eek:

Oh Hadassa, I agree with you so much. VCA has so many options in warm tones - letter wood, carnelian, gold. But it is missing blue and cooler tones. With lapis and turquoise barely present in collections we need a blue.

I think perhaps we need to send the link of this thread to VCA head office!:eek:
This is so true!

Hi VCA lovers! Long time no see. I took a break from the forum.
I was in the NYC boutique yesterday! Saw some new things. ;)n Has anyone seen or heard of the onyx and diamond Vintage? Thinking of ordering a pair. Very limited. :smile:))

Reactions: Mali_ and klynneann