2017 Summer Sales Dates in Paris

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alas.. I really wish I could go. I'm addicted to their RTW lately and it sounds like a perfect place to find RTW. But it's unlikely that I'll be in Europe after June. Sigh. C'est la vie... Gotta work hard to pay that extra 50 - 60% then..

Plans have changed and I now arrive in Paris on 4 July. This means if I survive the first sale day, I could theoretically return for the second and/or even the third day of the summer soldes! I cannot go über-early because I am a night owl. And I don't know how safe I would feel standing outside a convention center style building on the streets of Paris before sunrise, having stayed up all night the night prior, as I often do at home while working on an all-consuming project on deadline.

Interestingly, my flight arrives fairly early the first day of the sale, so if I have a restful flight (which I fully intend to have) and arrive ready to go, I may just have DH take my baggage to the hotel and take a separate Uber to the Palais du Congress. I wish they had an app service in Paris like the iPhone TaskRabbit app was in the States where you could simply hire a disinterested person at a specified hourly rate to wait in line on your behalf, and then show up as they got close to the front of the line, and take their place while they go home. Has anyone ever seen this done there? It happens in the States for all the new iPhone releases.

I know all of the H boutiques in Paris, but I have no experience at all with the Palais des Congrès. If anyone has seen a detailed strategy for queuing up at this venue and/or tips on how to find the exact entrance door, Porte Maillot (like a map), I would like to know as many of these details before I go.

There are a few pieces on my Christmas past list that did not show up under my tree on Christmas morning. I would be giddy to find one of those pieces there. There are so many areas of H craftsmanship that delight me, I would feel successful just picking up some trucs to smile at whenever I open my bags. Of course I do not lack anything in SLG that I am seeking. I am really going with very few expectations. Primarily, I want to become wiser and more familiar with the maison's way of conducting these sales, in case I should ever decide to go back to experience another soldes in another year or another season. I do know the staff--I don't think these workers are boutique SAs, are they?--continue to bring out fresh stock from the back as the inventory on the sales floor diminishes during the day. When I inquired at my local boutique, I was told that "Corporate" is in charge of all the Paris sales, and the boutiques have nothing to do with them.

I cannot physically stand for hours on a street corner, but I will do my best. That is all one can do, right? And I will leave the results to chance. Sometimes few expectations can create an even more memorable experience, nest-ce pas? Of course if I strike out, I will enjoy visiting the H boutiques the rest of the week. I may even try the queue at FSH for a new Kelly.

QueenieQ, I really like the way you tied the knot on the carré in your profile picture. You have that 'je ne sais quois' way of tossing something a certain way that it looks so effortlessly stylish compared to my deliberate knotting techniques.!

I am sorry to hear you will be in London that week. Are you able to shift your plans a bit?

Reactions: QueenieQ
QueenieQ, I really like the way you tied the knot on the carré in your profile picture. You have that 'je ne sais quois' way of tossing something a certain way that it looks so effortlessly stylish compared to my deliberate knotting techniques.!

I am sorry to hear you will be in London that week. Are you able to shift your plans a bit?

That's so sweet to hear, merci ! I have to say that the Jardin de la Maharani is a great design.
I don't think I could change my plans but I will be more prepared for next year. I hope you will have a wonderful experience at the sales.

Hello this will be my first time ever attending a H sale. I am from the UK but coming to Paris for a few days with my bf who will be attending business meetings. I will be there for the first day of the sale... what time would be best to start lining up? I'm interested in enamels and shoes mainly :smile: thank you!!

Hello this will be my first time ever attending a H sale. I am from the UK but coming to Paris for a few days with my bf who will be attending business meetings. I will be there for the first day of the sale... what time would be best to start lining up? I'm interested in enamels and shoes mainly :smile: thank you!!
If you do a bit of poking around on the site about the summer sale, you'll learn that there are no enamels at the summer sale, only the winter sale.
If you're just in for shoes, I don't think you need to be early. I'd probably go after lunch and miss the early-nerds.

Reactions: Meta
If you do a bit of poking around on the site about the summer sale, you'll learn that there are no enamels at the summer sale, only the winter sale.
If you're just in for shoes, I don't think you need to be early. I'd probably go after lunch and miss the early-nerds.

Thank you! I will probably end up being early due to excitement haha

I've never been to the summer sale.....but have lots of experience with the winter sale. The queue is actually inside the Palais de Congress.....just up the elevator. I have not had to wait outside for several years. The line is not so bad after the first day. There are separate queues once inside the sale for carres, for jewelry, and for cashmere/silk and other scarf formats (meaning NOT carres). RTW and shoes, men's ties, hats and gloves are all open to browse/buy with no line. Jewelry is always the slowest line.

Reactions: Ahot
Status
Not open for further replies.