2017 National BVette meetup

V0N1B2

Armchair Supermodel
Authenticator
O.G.
Jul 10, 2009
Okay Ladies, Yeah, that's right, I'm putting it out there! :lol:
National meetup. Las Vegas, NV. Fall-ish 2017.
Let's throw out some dates and see what sticks. What does September look like for most of you? The desert is still pretty warm but not cray cray hot.
So many amazing hotels at so many different price points. There's something for everyone. Food. Oh the amount of fabulous restaurants is mind blowing. Wicked entertainment - and I'm not talking about my jokes - I mean like real professionals. Circus performers, singers, magicians. There's even Lions, Tigers, Dolphins, Sharks, and Flamingoes. No Pandas, though I hear they are coming in 2018.
Three Bottega Boutiques all within walking distance of each other. Yes, that's right, I said THREE! Surely someone is bound to find something amazing. Awesome shopping both on the strip and the *gasp* outlet mall.
Did I already mention great weather? Martinis? Cabana boys?

Let's throw out some dates and see what sticks. What does September look like for most of you? The desert is still pretty warm but not cray cray hot.
So many amazing hotels at so many different price points. There's something for everyone. Food. Oh the amount of fabulous restaurants is mind blowing. Wicked entertainment - and I'm not talking about my jokes - I mean like real professionals. Circus performers, singers, magicians. There's even Lions, Tigers, Dolphins, Sharks, and Flamingoes. No Pandas, though I hear they are coming in 2018.
Three Bottega Boutiques all within walking distance of each other. Yes, that's right, I said THREE! Surely someone is bound to find something amazing. Awesome shopping both on the strip and the *gasp* outlet mall.
Is mid - week opposed to a full weekend (FridaySaturdaySunday) possible , as l'm down for that :heart:. Cheaper flights & rooms

Thanks for getting this going. I'm in. I prefer a weekend later in September due to my work schedule. I am sensitive to hotel prices dropping mid week. The last time I went to LAS for work mid week I scored a room at Caesars Laurel Collection for about $160 / night. It was such a lovely room with a view of the Bellagio Fountains. Let me know your thoughts on hotels. We all don't necessarily need to stay at the same hotel. I tend to be loyal to certain brands because of points and maintaining my elite status perks. I agree. There is something for everyone - shopping, shows, oh the food. I can go on and on.

Reactions: missbellamama
Thanks for getting this going. I'm in. I prefer a weekend later in September due to my work schedule. I am sensitive to hotel prices dropping mid week. The last time I went to LAS for work mid week I scored a room at Caesars Laurel Collection for about $160 / night. It was such a lovely room with a view of the Bellagio Fountains. Let me know your thoughts on hotels. We all don't necessarily need to stay at the same hotel. I tend to be loyal to certain brands because of points and maintaining my elite status perks. I agree. There is something for everyone - shopping, shows, oh the food. I can go on and on.
That price sounds pretty reasonable, flying in from Toronto, I'd be staying several extra days, dates are pretty flexible for me.
Doing a bit of solo touristing is definitely on my agenda also - any recommendations are greatly appreciated.

Is mid - week opposed to a full weekend (FridaySaturdaySunday) possible , as l'm down for that :heart:. Cheaper flights & rooms
I'm okay with mid-week but I have to keep in mind that not everyone is able (or wants) to take time off from work. On the flipside, we also have to be mindful of people (like yourself) who are flying in from the other side of the country. It's not a quick 1.5 - 2 hour flight for some ladies that may want to come. Regardless of the dates, I am a big fan of Las Vegas and will be staying for a week anyway. I was planning on maybe bringing my clubs and playing for a few days before the BVette madness sets in. And Pool. Pool-time is extremely important for those of us vitamin D deprived people living in more northern climates or rainforests. Maybe if the schedule and time allows, and you do come mid-week or for a few extra days, we should take in a good old fashioned hockey game with the new team. :graucho:
I am also loyal to my favourite hotel but looking around at September dates, prices are pretty reasonable across the board. I'll just check the convention and events schedule to make sure there's nothing super crazy happening then that would jack up rates etc. It would be awesome to nail down some dates to give everyone lots of time to book flights and hotels - not to mention get the best rates. More savings = more $ for BV. Amiright? Huh?

Okay, good. So lets start with the weekend (and/or days leading up to) of September 15th or 22nd?

I'd be open to going. I would not be opposed to sharing a room or suite with others. That would give us more $$$ for food and shopping. I have not been to Las Vegas since 1976. I think V0N goes there regularly and can be a big help with recommendations.

Good idea to check on events in LAS as they drive airfare and hotel rates. My DH loves to hang out with me in LAS. I may be able to convince him to come along.

How are we feeling about dates ladies? We have the following:
Sept 12-16
Sept 19-23

The week of 9/12 has some big conferences (ISSA 13,000, Souvenirs 6,000, International Vision 25,000, and my favorite, Mr Olimpia 45,000). The following week has some but is much quieter relatively speaking (Interbike 25,000 9/20-22) is the only significant one).

Sooooooo. I am proposing September 19-23. Thoughts?

Last edited: