2006 Bronze Reissue 226 - PICS

ktown said:
Smoothoperter,

Did you ever get the off white classic flap? Your bronze is so wonderful.

Yup, I JUST got it this week. I will post pics later. I was on vacation, but I'm back now.

I also got the darkwhite reissue in 226. I posted pics about 2 weeks ago.

Smoothoprter,
Hope that you had a wonderful holiday. Now, it is time to get back to real business, bags! Please, post some pictures. I will go back and look for the pictures of the dark white. It is about 9:00 in the morning over here. Think I'll go out for breakfast, why would I disturb my clean kitchen. Happy Sunday!!!!!!!!!!

Smoothoprter,
Hope that you had a wonderful holiday. Now, it is time to get back to real business, bags! Please, post some pictures. I will go back and look for the pictures of the dark white. It is about 9:00 in the morning over here. Think I'll go out for breakfast, why would I disturb my clean kitchen. Happy Sunday!!!!!!!!!!

226s004.jpg

226s002.jpg

Smooth,
My mouth is open, open, OMG, this is so great! I love these bags!!!!! Is your black a 2006 or the 2005 anniversary issue? Must add this creme off white to the collection. Do you think you will like the new fall colors on the 2.55 Cruise collection? Japskvit said it is on black and navy distressed patent. Copper, gold, silver, and dark silver, on metallic distressed patent. I wish that I could get a visual in my mind of this leather. This must be just amazing, you guys on this forum are the very best. We are getting the 228 jumbo size ,I am just so excited. You know that I am again putting your bags on my favorites.

I hope I don't like ANY Of the Cruise colors for this bag.:lol: I can't justify buying another reissue.

I'm actually anxiously awaiting some patent leather quilted totes that my SA at Neimans told me about. My name is down for the dark navy one.

I'd also love to get an offwhite (darkwhite?) luxury flap or bowler.

right, I was so excited when I saw all of your bags together. This just to much for me to try and keep up with. Ok, there is a bowler and flap from the new collection on khaki, and dark off white, also? What other colors? Is there a shopper in khaki also? Patent leather quilted tote navy sounds perfect. Any information or pics would be great. I will ask my SA about this one also.

The new colors on the luxury bags are black, offwhite, and khaki (a metallic brown color). I was told however that none of the freestanding Chanel boutiques ordered the offwhite luxury bags and you're only chance is the department stores.

I don't have any pics of the patent leather tote. Even the picture in the lookbook was in black and white and not a very good one.

I'm having a hard time figuring out the difference between the flaps with the lock and plain chain straps pictured here, and the flaps with the CC logo and leather/chain strap. I like the jumbo flaps with the CC logo and leather/chain straps. Do they have a formal name?

roey,
The 2.55 refers to the first bag made by Coco Chanel. She had a fixation with the number five. The first bag was issued February, 1955. Since, the name 2.55, 2 for February, 55 for the year. The classic flap with the intertwined chain is a Chanel bag. Meaning ,they always do this bag and it has the double CC on the flap. Hence, the name classic flap. Usually, different colors for each season. Hope this helps.

roey said:
I'm having a hard time figuring out the difference between the flaps with the lock and plain chain straps pictured here, and the flaps with the CC logo and leather/chain strap. I like the jumbo flaps with the CC logo and leather/chain straps. Do they have a formal name?

CoCo Chanel designed this classic flap bag and introduced it in February 1955. Hence 2.55. The reissue was released in 2005 to commemorate 50 years of the introduction of this bag. It was made exactly the same as CoCo Chanel's original version, same chain, hardware.

The 2005 black reissue was made with GOLD hardware/chain. The 2006 reissues are all made with silver hardware/chain - including the black one.

lulilu,
The off white and the bronze are on rheutheium hardware. Kind of a dark silverish color. The black is the anniversary issue to celebrate 50 years of this bag. It was done with the gold hardware. The inside of the bag is exactly the same as a 2006, 2.55. The difference, anniversary issue on the inside flap in hugh numbers is 2.55 ,the double CC and then the year 2005. Really nice, let's hope a lot of us are around for the 100th anniversary issue. In another 50 years I will be so old I probably would not recognize Chanel from a hole in the wall.

Smooth,
Thanks, keep us posted on what you see. OMG, your bronze bag is so wonderful. We cannot wait until this bag it at our house. I just love shopping for this kid. I think maybe I might need a Chanel, Kelly style bag.