2005 Teal

Asphodel

The higher the heels, the closer to heaven
O.G.
Jan 30, 2007
Hello, I was wondering if anyone here has / had a 2005 bag in the colour teal? I had my heart set on turquoise but am now considering teal as well. Unfortunately, most of the bags I’ve seen in this colour have been pretty faded. The pictures I’ve found also look more blue and not bluish green.

what are your thoughts on this colour?

Reactions: Monz1987
The leather. OMG that leather! I’ve had more than one 05 Teal. It always seems to be bags with gorgeous leather. Like all of Bals blues, it can fade, but when it does, it manifests as slightly more green. So rather than looking washed out it will shift slightly more toward a greener blue. I actually prefer the color to its flashier Turquoise sister, but like Turquoise, I have trouble wearing Teal, especially with most shades of jeans.. but for a stunning pop of contrast with neutral colors it’s hard to beat. As for you finding bags that look more blue than green, I just think that this color is hard to capture in photos. Maybe ask for additional pics in different lighting? They do seem to pop up once in a while in nice condition, usually just when you’ve despaired of finding one. Good luck in your search :tup:

Last edited:
The leather. OMG that leather! I’ve had more than one 05 Teal. It always seems to be bags with gorgeous leather. Like all of Bals blues, it can fade, but when it does, it manifests as slightly more green. So rather than looking washed out it will shift slightly more toward a greener blue. I actually prefer the color to its flashier Turquoise sister, but like Turquoise, I have trouble wearing Teal, especially with most shades of jeans.. but for a stunning pop of contrast with neutral colors it’s hard to beat. As for you finding bags that look more blue than green, I just think that this color is hard to capture in photos. Maybe ask for additional pics in different lighting? They do seem to pop up once in a while in nice condition, usually just when you’ve despaired of finding one. Good luck in your search :tup:
Thank you so much for a great explanation. I may take a chance on a 2005 teal that the owner said is in excellent condition. And yes, you are right about the colour being hard to capture. In many of her pictures, the bag looks different. From a dull blue to a bright greenish aqua...

I am a sucker for 2005 leather.