2 questions about RM bags CURIOUS

alistar

Jan 12, 2008
I searched the threads and I didnt see this
1) Basketweave and wicker. Is there a difference?
2) Does the RM hardware have any details that stand out, that give it something?
You know how LV have the little LVs on the nails.
Thanks ladies. I am a RM newbie, and I am so excited to get my first, I really can't wait.:yahoo:

basketweave has wider strips - like a basket, whereas wicker looks just like that - the smaller strips make the pattern look just like outdoor wicker furniture.
The old Rebecca Minkoff hardware does not have any signature touches, but this season, RM has added custom hardware with her name engraved on it.

Yes, it sounds great. I think the one I ordered from bluefly will be last seasons, which means no engraving. How do you feel about the bags with no engraving compared to the new ones coming up.
As for the wicker vs basket then it isjust the sizing. Thanks ladies

^^I agree with flower child....

Alistar- there is a ROYAL basketweave one on ebay right now like the one Gung has posted. It is at $209 right now, with like 20 hrs left... Maybe you could bid on that one too! I think you'll like the basketweave more than the wicker!

Since the basketweave is harder to find now, it'll be hard to get the mini unless one pops up on ebay, or you order the black one from funkylala at 20% off $550... you got a great price, and the basketweave one on ebay may end for right around the same price with as little time as it has left!

Compare the links of pics i just posted to Gung's pictures! maybe that will help! I think the like the basketweave more than the wicker!