1st time bidders?

kimalee

Jul 30, 2007
I KNOW this has been asked before, but I can't search for it! I was just wondering how most of you deal with first time ebayers? Do you allow them to bid or block them? I know everybody has to start somewhere...but I have a 0 FB bidder who wants to bid on my $2K+ handbag, and I'm a little wary. They've contacted me several times, but it's a pricey item and I think that's why I'm a bit nervous. What do you guys think?

I'd allow them, everyone has to start somewhere. In my experience zero feedback buyers have a much higher non payment rate, though, but if they don't pay you can just file a NPB and get your fees back, no?

If there's still time left, I would just let them bid. If it's close to the ending time, I would message them and ask them to reply and confirm their bid and make sure they have a PayPal account, etc. If they don't reply, I would cancel the bid if you don't feel comfortable dealing with them. Better cancel early than to have to deal with a difficult (or potentially NPB) buyer!

I would allow them since anyone with any number fb can become NPB overnight. Just make sure she has a confirmed US address though.

Edit:
Just wondering, how did you get your first fb? Did any seller kick you out and block you? You must understand ebay gets new customers for us because these customers found our ads through a google search.

my last 2 transactions have been from brand new ebayers, which , yes made me a little nervous, BUT both made decent best offers and both paid promptly.
i think sometimes the newbies are better to work with than older members, as they're more eager to do things right !

I would allow them since anyone with any number fb can become NPB overnight. Just make sure she has a confirmed US address though.

Edit:
Just wondering, how did you get your first fb? Did any seller kick you out and block you? You must understand ebay gets new customers for us because these customers found our ads through a google search.

I know everybody has to start somewhere. My first ebay purchase was a $20 vintage Dooney & Bourke. Normally, I wouldn't mind; I'm just nervous because it's such a high price item.