19 yr old from the US planning for zygoma reduction, mini facelift, & genioplasty

I think it's better to go to one place for both so you can recover at the same time!
@Hellogirly, what doctors do you know in the US, for facelift? I'm also suffering from droopy cheeks at a young age due to sever weight gain and weight loss in a short time. But I asked Regen and they said if I want to do a bone reduction, they won't due facelift at the same time but I should wait 6 months after FC to get facelift. Good that you can do FC and facelift at the same time

@Hellogirly, what doctors do you know in the US, for facelift? I'm also suffering from droopy cheeks at a young age due to sever weight gain and weight loss in a short time. But I asked Regen and they said if I want to do a bone reduction, they won't due facelift at the same time but I should wait 6 months after FC to get facelift. Good that you can do FC and facelift at the same time
that's weird! I told JK plastic surgery (korea) that I wanted to do zygoma reduction and facelift for my saggy cheeks that make me look older and they said they would do it for me, at the same time. This was over online consultation so maybe in person they'll deny it? The results I posted in my original post is from Dr Kao's ponytail lift and he's located in Santa Monica, CA

Have you looked into fatgraft instead? I have huge protruding cheek bones and super flat front( my orthodontist said I don’t have ANY front cheek bone..) I went and did fat graft and honestly i think it’s a good option to (fake ) a zygoma reduction. Just another option. Probably won’t be as dramatic but it is “safer”

I was thinking of fatgraft to the apples of my cheeks after zygoma reduction but I'm so indecisive still. And I'm very positive on going for zygoma reduction bc I want a smaller face that will look better on my body. I have very flat front cheeks too! I mainly just want to make my side cheeks look better sculpted, I do feel like my facial structure is pretty asymmetrical.

Avoid Regen, dear, . There was a PF member whose FC was badly botched. Find a maxillofacial surgeon for zygoma reduction & FC. Most surgeons who do FC & zygoma reductions are not well trained & qualified in the field hence the many botched results. Dr. Lee at TFD is a very good maxillofacial surgeon. Also if your cheeks are already droopy, it will be worse after bone reduction. Fat grafting would be the best solution for you coz your cheeks aren`t droopy from aging, only fat loss. Please try FG first before diving into something as drastic as facelift. Also remember you will have very visible scars after a facelift.

that's weird! I told JK plastic surgery (korea) that I wanted to do zygoma reduction and facelift for my saggy cheeks that make me look older and they said they would do it for me, at the same time. This was over online consultation so maybe in person they'll deny it? The results I posted in my original post is from Dr Kao's ponytail lift and he's located in Santa Monica, CA
Thx, I only had online consultation, not even consultation just asked few questions over what's app. Regen said head doctor recommends waiting 6 months after FC to see if sagging happens. Maybe he thought I don't have droopy face now or maybe to take care of droopiness from FC in case it happens!

Avoid Regen, dear, . There was a PF member whose FC was badly botched. Find a maxillofacial surgeon for zygoma reduction & FC. Most surgeons who do FC & zygoma reductions are not well trained & qualified in the field hence the many botched results. Dr. Lee at TFD is a very good maxillofacial surgeon. Also if your cheeks are already droopy, it will be worse after bone reduction. Fat grafting would be the best solution for you coz your cheeks aren`t droopy from aging, only fat loss. Please try FG first before diving into something as drastic as facelift. Also remember you will have very visible scars after a facelift.
Thx, I am really scared of zygoma reduction, no one really posts their negative result, all I see is positive posts :sad: but I'm scared if I get vline, my cheekbones look even bigger!

Thx, I am really scared of zygoma reduction, no one really posts their negative result, all I see is positive posts :sad: but I'm scared if I get vline, my cheekbones look even bigger!
There are some negative reviews on here, just have to dig deeper. Here is one about Regen - https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/avoid-regen-at-all-costs.999133/. IMO a good fat graft will solve your problems. vline will def make your lower face slimmer & your cheekbones more conspicuous

Thx for the helpful info, do you think zygoma reduction worth it? My cheekbone is protruding from 45 or front not from the side. Thx
Personally I love high cheekbones. I think it would be best if you went in for a personal consultation with the surgeons, & got a simulation of how you would look post- surgery. That would help you decide whether the zygoma reduction is the right surgery for you. HTH

Reactions: Pamela18
Hello!! I agree with Mazikeen, I think getting a facelift/pony lift may be too invasive for someone young. Perhaps acculift may help with some of the sagging. Acculift uses a laser to tighten the face instead of more invasive methods.
As for zygoma reduction, I’m 2 weeks post-op from my surgery with Dr. Kirk at Namu. He did a really good job with making my face symmetrical with zygoma reduction and fat grafting. Pricing might be higher than the other clinics you’ve contacted since those seem more local than Namu. If you’d like I can PM my photos :smile:

should you really be doing a mini face lift tho at your age? If you have sagging due to fat should just remove the fat. Mini lifting should only be done if your muscles are sagging due to loss in elasticity.

Hello!! I agree with Mazikeen, I think getting a facelift/pony lift may be too invasive for someone young. Perhaps acculift may help with some of the sagging. Acculift uses a laser to tighten the face instead of more invasive methods.
As for zygoma reduction, I’m 2 weeks post-op from my surgery with Dr. Kirk at Namu. He did a really good job with making my face symmetrical with zygoma reduction and fat grafting. Pricing might be higher than the other clinics you’ve contacted since those seem more local than Namu. If you’d like I can PM my photos :smile:
Please send me your photos!! I'm interested. I know it's invasive but seeing that girl's (my original post) results really makes me wonder if mine will turn out that way.
should you really be doing a mini face lift tho at your age? If you have sagging due to fat should just remove the fat. Mini lifting should only be done if your muscles are sagging due to loss in elasticity.
Isn't is known that having buccal fat removal will sag your skin? And just to clarify to anyone reading, I'm healthy and at normal weight as well. I'm planning to consult with the clinics/doctors in Korea by a few months so I'll further my decision then.