12C Red Caviar...do you like?

I think 12C red has a more orange bright tone to it while 11A red is more of a deep dark red.

I personally was not a fan of 12C red, so I went with the 11A red as I felt it will work more as a year round bag and will go with a lot more outfits.

I think 12C red has a more orange bright tone to it while 11A red is more of a deep dark red.

I personally was not a fan of 12C red, so I went with the 11A red as I felt it will work more as a year round bag and will go with a lot more outfits.
An SA I spoke with today said that the color codes for 11A and 12C are the same. He said that 11A was carried over to 12C and that if there was a difference then the tag would have a different number.

Would Chanel assign the same color code but still make the shades different?

That is a good question posed, I have only seen 12C lambskin at the store and was not too keen on the shade.
I know what you mean about 12c red lambskin...too orange. Would you mind taking a look at the link that pinklilac75 posted above? This is an 11A red bag. I really think lighting and the use of flash can modify how the color looks.

I know what you mean about 12c red lambskin...too orange. Would you mind taking a look at the link that pinklilac75 posted above? This is an 11A red bag. I really think lighting and the use of flash can modify how the color looks.

I have looked at the link and yes it is an 11A red but most of the pictures were taken with flash.

The best pic showing the true colour, I think, is the modelling pic on the mannequin. All the pics after that ie the celebrity pics are not the same red IMO.

I also have some pics of 11A red on my thread, with and without flash

http://forum.purseblog.com/chanel/my-welcome-to-the-world-of-chanel-handbags-720636.html

I have looked at the link and yes it is an 11A red but most of the pictures were taken with flash.

The best pic showing the true colour, I think, is the modelling pic on the mannequin. All the pics after that ie the celebrity pics are not the same red IMO.

I also have some pics of 11A red on my thread, with and without flash

http://forum.purseblog.com/chanel/my-welcome-to-the-world-of-chanel-handbags-720636.html
I guess that is the question which I'm hoping someone can answer is whether Chanel makes a color different even though the codes are the same.

I guess that is the question which I'm hoping someone can answer is whether Chanel makes a color different even though the codes are the same.

Yes, they do. The color code for 11P is also 81540, same as 11A. However, the 11P shade is like true red but the 11A shade is dark red.

Here are the 11P true red and 11A dark red (same color code 81540) for comparision that I borrowed from the other posts.

Attachments

• IMG_8375.jpg
    IMG_8375.jpg
    125.3 KB · Views: 293
  • 11A red.jpg
    11A red.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 338