10 months on and really disappointed :(

Daaanz

Sep 25, 2013
I purchased my Mulberry Bayswater at the Bond Street store last October and I love it so much.

But as of late I've noticed the gold hardware is starting to rub off and a thread has come lose on one of the feet.

I've used the bag a lot but I don't expect wear and tear like this so early on, and I really have looked after it so well... I've attached pictures to this thread. I've emailed Mulberry to see what they say but I'm concerned they may come back to me and say that this is just normal wear and tear.

What do you guys think? Am I overreacting, should this be expected? Have any of you had similar problems?ImageUploadedByPurseForum1408283685.657527.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1408283711.826752.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1408283738.744574.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1408283769.196298.jpg

Hi and no you aren't overreacting from the pics I can (iphone won't download all of them right now)

As its within its warranty I would be asking for a repair or a replacement if a satisfactory repair can't be carried out

The indentations from the ink on the handles is a common design fault, until now I had only seen on SBS

I have this issue on my SBS that I bought from ebay, it was brand new and purchased by the seller in Jan. I can't do anything about it as she wouldn't let me have the receipt.

I knew there was issues when I purchased it although at the time my bag wasn't showing any signs of it until use

Its a lot of money for a bag that's showing signs of fault after 10 months

Be interested to see what M says, I'd sticky ground on this

hi and no you aren't overreacting from the pics i can (iphone won't download all of them right now)

as its within its warranty i would be asking for a repair or a replacement if a satisfactory repair can't be carried out

the indentations from the ink on the handles is a common design fault, until now i had only seen on sbs

i have this issue on my sbs that i bought from ebay, it was brand new and purchased by the seller in jan. I can't do anything about it as she wouldn't let me have the receipt.

I knew there was issues when i purchased it although at the time my bag wasn't showing any signs of it until use

its a lot of money for a bag that's showing signs of fault after 10 months

be interested to see what m says, i'd sticky ground on this

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1408285193.745865.jpg

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1408285210.681187.jpg

I purchased my Mulberry Bayswater at the Bond Street store last October and I love it so much.

But as of late I've noticed the gold hardware is starting to rub off and a thread has come lose on one of the feet.

I've used the bag a lot but I don't expect wear and tear like this so early on, and I really have looked after it so well... I've attached pictures to this thread. I've emailed Mulberry to see what they say but I'm concerned they may come back to me and say that this is just normal wear and tear.

What do you guys think? Am I overreacting, should this be expected? Have any of you had similar problems?View attachment 2721732View attachment 2721733View attachment 2721734View attachment 2721735

Hi, I'm with Lou on this one. I certainly wouldn't expect my bags to wear this quickly and as you say you have been really careful with it I would think it is a fault in the hardware and bag itself.
I hope Mulberry sort it out for you as it is still under guarantee. I'm sure they could replace the lock plates and sort out the patch on the bottom. If not replace it.
Let us know how you get on & Good Luck with it.

Getting a repair is all well and good but you also have to realise that this will happen again (after your warranty expires)and unless you're willing to pay every time (which will very quickly add up to almost a new bag) you should make peace with it.

Ugh. I just purchased a Bayswater, and this is not news I wanted to hear. Do let us know what they say about repairs.

On a side note, my Bayswater is super squeaky! Someone please tell me it will soften up and quit the creaking. (You know that stiff, brand-new leather rubbing against itself sound?)

Ugh. I just purchased a Bayswater, and this is not news I wanted to hear. Do let us know what they say about repairs.

On a side note, my Bayswater is super squeaky! Someone please tell me it will soften up and quit the creaking. (You know that stiff, brand-new leather rubbing against itself )

Oh, the squeaking is fun, but does diminish! Keep using collonil leather gel & enjoying. I find the straps remain squeaky longest.
Glad you got your bag--oxblood, right?
-----

I left plastic protector film on my postman's lock...the underside brass, on flap's suede, where not seen much...helps prevent abrasion.
Also, the loose stitching may just be extra thread. I noticed this same thing near a foot of my bays & found it nothing structural. But it really alarmed me, at first.
I'm sorry for your disappointment. These bags should be a joy to own.
Hope it gets sorted.