10% + 25% off this BBag, but would you buy it?

fantastic_3

Feb 10, 2007
Ok, here's the story, I had a FIRST in Siena Tabac reserve for me to pick up this past weekend because the store had a 25% off. When I went to pick it up and upon thorough inspection, I found several nickels size scratches & rubbing on it. Today I called the SA who served me and she said she can probably take another 5-10% off the 25%. The rubbing part is actually white, no colour on it. It will still cost me almost 1000.00 with 14% taxes here in Canada. Do you guys think its worth it.

I am new to BBag so I don' know if it is worth trying to put some colour leather polish on it to patch it up. What do you guys think?

i agree with hmwe46 & imonpurseblog, just get it if you like the bag - it'll darkened from use anyways and you won't tell with sienna, it's a dark enough color to put this off:smile:

I'm not sure, couldn't you get it for the same price at Aloha Rag? Although there's no guarantee they'd still have it in stock. I think those faint marks are pretty common on a used bag though. It's up to you!

I hardly ever see USED First bags for under $700 (995 x .75 x .9 ~ $671) so I think you would be getting a pretty good deal. But it's not worth getting regardless how cheap it is if you aren't going to love it.

I forgot about those killer 14 taxes!

Hmm...do you happen to have a 14 year old niece with a CC to buy it for you? Then it's only 7% tax :graucho:

Does it have to be a credit card, if that's how it works in Canada what about cash?:upsidedown: It'd be like reverse shoulder-tapping:P

Shoulder tapping: a phenomenon where underage kids hang out outside convenience and grocery stores and ask/convince people of legal age to purchase alcohol/whatnot for them, sometimes with a small tip for the purchaser, and sometimes the kids are bait from a police sting operation. Can't win them all:shrugs:

^ ITA

Think about if those scratches will bug you. Cos if they will, then it will detract from the pleasure of your bag, which really shouldn't be the case.

If you think you can accept the minor flaw, and the price is a good deal, I say go for it!

If they will heavily discount it for the scratches (which seems more like damges), I'd get it. Ask for 50% off???I am looking at my Sienna Day GGH and the leather is kind of wrinkly but I don't see any white spots. How could this have gotten through Bal quality control if it is really messed up??? Maybe they will get you another one.:okay: