04 Marron or 05 Indigo?

estherella

O.G.
Nov 30, 2011
Hey ladies,

First of all, I want to wish everyone a happy holidays and a even happier new year :smile:

So... I have been on the hunt for my first b-bag and I have been looking for something pre-owned because I wanted something in chevre leather :smile:

I was attracted to Balenciaga because of the wonderful colours that they have and I actually was looking for something in red originally but then I feel like blues are a better compliment to my wardrobe... plus I don't think I am bold enough to wear red and blue just seemed like a good compromise :lol: but then the 2004 Marron just seems like the perfect shade of brown - something neutral that you can use for all occasions so I am torn as to which one I should choose :sad:

Just as a reference, most of my bags are neutrals: black, white, beige and I do have one brown bag but it is more of a light caramel...

TIA ladies - I would appreciate any and all words of wisdom :biggrin:

Last edited by a moderator:
Oooh - both are wonderful. While I love the Bal "blues", I think I would go with the Marron because it's really a special color that Bal doesn't repeat as often (Mogano & Castagna being the closest). Marron has red undertones and is a wonderfully rich hued brown; I think it would be a great addition to your wardrobe.

^^^ Agree with CeeJay, it's a tough choice but you really couldn't go wrong with either. Marron probably is the most versatile of the two but Indigo is pretty spesh too and seeing as you already have neutral coloured bags. I'd probably go for it over Marron. I'd go by condition as well and which has the leather you love. GL choosing!

I recently bought a Marron 04 Twiggy and absolutely adore it. I'm also a more neutrals gal, so it's perfect for my wardrobe. I also have an Electric Blue Day, and while it's been a fun bag, I was always craving a real everyday color. Tough choice :smile:

Agree w CJ and Silverfern - Maroon is the way to go between those two. It can be dressed up and dressed down. Its a fantastic year-round color. I see Indigo as more of a casual color and even though Indigo looks nice, I just don't feel that its that special.

one vote for indigo! it's so cool and i would rock it year round. i like the softness of it & the way it is like almost a denim .. very neutral.

marron is gorgeous but slightly more typical, i just think the indigo is beautiful. and quintessentially bal.

Thanks for all your words of wisdom ladies :smile: If only I had all the money in the world - then I can get one in every colour :graucho:

I ended up finding another city last minute in a colour that I think will suit my love for blues and my need for classic neutrals :P Can't wait for my first b-bag reveal :biggrin:

Now on to my next find... Is it a bad thing that I am already looking to purchase my second b-bag even when I haven't received the first one yet?? I guess that's what everyone means by the bal-bug :lol:

What should I get next... something a little bigger... Maybe a twiggy or a work?