'04 Balenciaga aviator - suggestions please!

oreo713

O.G.
Jun 4, 2008
Hi all!....I am the proud owner of an '04 Balenciaga Aviator Helmet bag (marron) and I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on how I could possibly extend the shoulder strap. It's such a great bag. I found that I can wear it like a one shoulderED knapsack when I'm not wearing a jacket, but with a jacket or winter coat, it can only be worn like a handbag. Since the color (marron) is a more autumn into winter color, I would appreciate any suggestions you may have.
Also...if anyone knows where I could get the mirror to go with this bag, that would be a great help too.
Thanks and have a great day!:biggrin:

Congrats, oreo!! That's a super-duper rare bag. I have one too thanks to my sweet hubby that loves the Aviator bags.

I doubt Balenciaga still has any of the round mirrors that were used on those bags from F/W '04. They might have regular motorcycle bag mirrors that their customers (bag must have been purchased through them) for about $100, but those are rectangular shaped.

Since you're in the Big Apple you should probably stop by the Balenciaga boutique and ask a Sales Assistant if there are any dark brown camel leather mirrors available for purchase...or round mirrors to be had. If I were you, I'd carry that bag in with me so the color might be matched better and it never hurts if you're buying something else while you're there ;o)

Since the strap already has holes pretty close to the bottom of it, I think the only way you'll be able to extend the strap is to have a leather shop (maybe even Balenciaga) create a matching short "belt" so you can buckle the two ends together and to make it a longer strap.

Since you're in NYC, after visiting the boutique, I highly recommend taking your bag to Art Bag on Madison Avenue and see if Chris and the guys can source some Camelskin leather in that color for you and find a buckle that's close enough to match when being worn.

Good luck and enjoy your bag!

Thanks Corey. I figured that a trip into the city to the store was inevitable to try to resolve my dilemma. I haven't been to the store in Manhattan in years. The last time I went there was to purchase my first Bbag bag. I drove them crazy because I couldn't decide whether to get black or caramel. The sales associates were the nicest and most patient people. One even went as far as to bring my panting little sheltie a bowl of water.
If they cannot help, I will take your advice and try Art Bag. I've heard wonderful things about them. Hopefully I can get this worked out before autumn rolls around again.

Thanks again for your advice. You're a sweetheart.