I used my Birkin today

birkinbaby

O.G.
Mar 10, 2006
I have not used my Birkins for over 4 months (30 chocolate box and 35 roughe h chevre), due to the rainy weather in NYC and not wanting to wear them out. I used my 30 chocolate box today and it was lovely. Dh asked if that was a new bag and I said that I have had it for awhile. The only thing was the baby had a little accident and I had to take her to the restroom and had to watch out that I did not scratch the delicate box leather more than it is already scratched.

Love the Birkin. Thanks for reading.

BB...I totally relate. As we head into rainy season here in the Northwest, I'm saddened by the fact that I may have to shelve a few bags to ensure their longevity by not exposing them to the rainy weather and my clumsiness at having to handle both an umbrella and a hand-held tote. Congrats on taking the newbie out--she is such a beauty.

The FIRST DAY I had bought mine I had to shelve her- I was SOOO sad. But since then I have used her every day- I have even put her down on dirty surfaces, which I do no feel good about, but I feel that she is the most durable bag that I have every owned, and that I will soon bring her in for a spa service, so it is understandable. BUT- do you agree with me- feeling bad about placing her on a dirty surface- the ground in a restaurant, etc.????

I only put down on the ground, my first Birkin. The second one is too new and precious. If I get a third(hint hint, darling!), I might consider allowing the 2nd one to touch the floor! One of my friends once told me, "If you keep your bag in a box and never use it or revere it so much, it means you can't afford it.". The remark cut deep into me....but sigh, yes...I don't think I can really afford them, I guess. LOL. And I have to say that the quality of Hermes has gone down a bit this year. The most durable bags remain to be LV's Damier and Monogram.

Those looking to buy new bags from our fave 'H' store had better do it soon - they're hiking prices on the 1st of January......and what with the hikes on prices for LV and Prada, you can just imagine how highly-priced hermes is going to position themselves in comparison.

Thanks for the heads-up on prices Eric. Is this a world-wide thing??

Does this mean I have to leave H-aholics Anon for a while to satisfy all my primal urges before Jan 1?? :P

I only put down on the ground, my first Birkin. The second one is too new and precious. If I get a third(hint hint, darling!), I might consider allowing the 2nd one to touch the floor! One of my friends once told me, "If you keep your bag in a box and never use it or revere it so much, it means you can't afford it.". The remark cut deep into me....but sigh, yes...I don't think I can really afford them, I guess. LOL. And I have to say that the quality of Hermes has gone down a bit this year. The most durable bags remain to be LV's Damier and Monogram.

Those looking to buy new bags from our fave 'H' store had better do it soon - they're hiking prices on the 1st of January......and what with the hikes on prices for LV and Prada, you can just imagine how highly-priced hermes is going to be as they have always positioned themselves as much higher than LV and Chanel in comparison.

Attachments

• Photo 46.jpg
    Photo 46.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 77
Thanks for the heads-up on prices Eric. Is this a world-wide thing??

Does this mean I have to leave H-aholics Anon for a while to satisfy all my primal urges before Jan 1?? :P

Yes.....it IS a world wide thing. Verbaly confirmed by two Boutique managers in Asia. Yes......sadly, have been running around with feelers in Europe(where 'H' is cheapest - for lack of a better term) for a Dogon wallet, garden party in dark green and herbag cabas grand modele. Can't believe I am plunging into debt yet again for more things. Sigh.....

Arrrgh. I better fall off the H-Anon wagon for a while then. There are all sorts of primal urges to be satisfied.

I know my SIL would love a pair of SOYA gloves. I need to buy H Christmas presents for people I owe major thank-yous to (those do not count under the H-Anon banner I hope) and there is now the ebene Birkin/Kelly I'm obsessing over.

I'm meant to go to Antwerp either late Oct or early Nov. Better sort out a visit to the Mothership then.

Thanks Eric.

I think the prices have been going up all these while.

My friend just bought a 30cm epsom birkin for usd7k. Its up usd312 since 6 months ago.

Well, I don't dare to imagine what prices will be like in 2 years time :confused1:

I hope to God I get my 35cm black chevre birkin NEXT YEAR :angel: