coach on consignment

I went into a brand new consignment store in my neighborhood last week with the same idea. They charged a one-time $25.00 signing up fee and then after that they set the price and they get 50%. I don't know, just seems like alot for them to get even thought I don't like selling online(ebay etc.) so I guess its either keep my bags or do some kind of consignment.

I agree. 50% is a lot of money for them to keep. I have no problem selling online. In fact, I do it all the time. I think I would prefer to keep my items than to have someone else sell them and keep half my money. I would not think they would get a premium for your items anyway. Do you know how much they would sell for there?

the only way it would make it 'worth it' is if they gave you the money upfront - and didn't have to wait for someone to buy it.

I don't know why anyone would want to loose 50% just because they didn't take pictures, etc. for eBay.

indeed, where i am, out of convenience i wanted the consignment shops to sell my coach handbags, and other brands like Gucci, Pradas etc. (its a consignment shops that takes in any brand bags in good condition) and i was only offered 10% of the price of the handbag that i purchased from the coach boutique here...hence, i rather sell it myself, besides, the consignment shops basically would just place the product they received and put it on the shelf for walk-in customers to view, i don't really see the consignment shops providing any value-added services other than 'renting' a space to put the bags, but in return getting back perhaps more than 50% of the selling price to the next customer...

I've sold on consignment. I've never sold on ebay, etc., so I either give the bag away or take it to my consignment...so I guess I figure I get more than giving it away!!!! Just make sure to take it to a really good consignment that only takes excellent, up to date merchandise...they sell for much higher and you'll end up making more money. I, personally, am not into selling on ebay and if I really don't want a bag at least I get something from the consignment shop. I don't know about Craig's List...I may have to check into that.

I've sold my old Coach bags in a consignment store. The deal there was that they mark it for about 30% off of the retail price (which we here ALWAYS know!) and then I receive 50% of the selling price. It is very convenient, as opposed to selling on ebay which I'm sort of scared of, and while I get less money I only get rid of things that I do not/will not use any longer. So I look at it as cleaning out my closet and getting money for it. Also, my consignment store has an online site that I can log into to see my account balance at all times. For me, it's been well worth it.

I've sold my old Coach bags in a consignment store. The deal there was that they mark it for about 30% off of the retail price (which we here ALWAYS know!) and then I receive 50% of the selling price. It is very convenient, as opposed to selling on ebay which I'm sort of scared of, and while I get less money I only get rid of things that I do not/will not use any longer. So I look at it as cleaning out my closet and getting money for it. Also, my consignment store has an online site that I can log into to see my account balance at all times. For me, it's been well worth it.

i actually just took some of my pieces to consigment. I wanted to downsize my leather bags. i love leather bags but i want to just carry coated canvas or fabric for now on.( althought i did keep 4 key coach leather pieces) I need lightweight bags. they do take 50% comission but i did not have a sign up fee . ITA about alternative to ebay b/c ihave never done that and i feel umcomfortable seeling or buying on it personally although i know many of you that are quite savvy with ebay.

I agree that it would be nice to have 100% of the sale money, but the 50% is worth it to me to have no hassle...I'm just too afraid of shady ebay dealings, plus I feel like people wouldn't want to purchase my authentic coach because I have no feedback (because I've never sold). I also take old sunglasses (Coach, Gucci, Kate..) other designer bags, and any expensive clothing/shoes that I think people might want to purchase. I've even gotten rid of scarves and pony tail scarves and a Tiffany's silver ring I never wear. I love being able to check my account online...I get so excited when I see it increase! To the OP...good luck and I hope you enjoy "cleansing"...I look at is as free money for stuff that's cluttering my closet and things I don't use!