Crooked Weaving on Wallets?

BookerMoose

Arrrooooo!
O.G.
Oct 21, 2007
My Nero zip-around wallet has always had crooked weaving... if you look at the edge you can see that the corner where the strips cross is not completely straight all the way across. I noticed this as soon as I got it - but since it was an eBay purchase I figured maybe it was a second or something... I knew it was authentic so just decided to put up with it.

I have since acquired a few other BV small leather accessories, including a similar zip-around wallet to match my Leopard Print Montaigne, and the weaving on all of them are clearly straight across.

Today I noticed that this wallet currently on eBay looks exactly like mine - you can clearly see in the picture how the leather weave does not line up exactly the same all the way across - which made me curious to ask whether anyone else has a crookedly woven wallet like this one and mine.

2b05_12.JPG

So - any other crooked wallets out there?!?!

I do not, but I will be on the look out. Your wallet is gorgeous, but it would bother me that it was "off".

Yeah, it has always bugged me too - but my Scottish roots must be showing because I can't justify getting a new wallet just for that reason and therefore decided I had to use it until it wore out... and avert my eyes whenever I look at it.

But my Scottish roots didn't stop be from already buying my NEXT wallet (the Leopard Print Ziparound) for when this one wears out - all justified, of course, by the fact that I didn't know when or if I would be able to get the Leopard Print one later!

I feel your angst. I was picking out a wallet at a BV boutique and my anal nature required me to look at 2 of the same for comparison... neither was "perfect" and one's weave, while not crooked diagonally, was not equally distant from both edges - if that makes sense....? The SA said it was due to the handmade nature of the items that none would be identical or always symmetrical.... I ended up choosing the more centered wallet with a hint of smudge over the unbalanced one :rolleyes:. But yes, a crooked one was considered normal at the store!

So your wallet probably wasn't a second but maybe the last of the bunch bought at a good discount for resale? I've seen crooked ones like the one on eBay listed before too... :yes:

Thanks blugenie - that makes me feel better! And I won't think of my Nero Zip-around as a poor second anymore... even if the weave still does but me a little bit!