WOC Questions regarding options in black.

jedimaster

O.G.
Dec 21, 2006
Apologies again, I am new to Chanel and still trying to come up to speed. I am interested in the WOC with the turnlock-motif closure (I don't know the proper term for it - 2.55 reissue? Is that correct?) in black with gold or ruthenium hardware. What leather options are there for this bag? Is it made in quilted black lambskin? I understand there was a black metallic quilted (very good looking), as well as a black striped patent (which I am not wild about) and a distressed matte black (again, not for me). Can someone help me out with my Chanel education here? I am a lost soul from the Hermes board, and as confusing as Hermes is, it seems simple compared to the Chanel specifications. Thanks much.

If I'm not mistaken, the 2.55 reissue wallet on chain is made of distressed calfskin. I'm not sure if the reissues were made with lambskin.

If I'm not mistaken, the 2.55 reissue wallet on chain is made of distressed calfskin. I'm not sure if the reissues were made with lambskin.

I saw the 2.55 reissue wallet on chain in Saks in red lambskin with silver hardware, but when I ask about black, everyone says no. I didnt know if this meant, no dont have it now, or no, it doesnt exist.

This is from NM:
SS09 Act I :
Chanel vintage 2.55 (MM lock) - navy, turquoise and ivory patent for $1550.
Lambskin (CC lock) - red, purple and yellow for $1425
SS09 Act II:
Caviar (CC stitchese) - black, blue, fushia/Red and white for $1575
Lambskin (CC lock) - beige and pink for $1650.

Here's a thread with different recent black WOC photos:
http://forum.purseblog.com/chanel/help-which-woc-424465.html

I believe the reissue (MM lock) is usually calfskin. It comes with matte & metallic. Sometimes, there's patent too!
Lambskin & Caviar black/beige/white are under the classic line.
Colored lambskin & caviar are seasonal.

Last edited:
This is from NM:
SS09 Act I :
Chanel vintage 2.55 (MM lock) - navy, turquoise and ivory patent for $1550.
Lambskin (CC lock) - red, purple and yellow for $1425
SS09 Act II:
Caviar (CC stitchese) - black, blue, fushia/Red and white for $1575
Lambskin (CC lock) - beige and pink for $1650.

Here's a thread with different recent black WOC photos:
http://forum.purseblog.com/chanel/help-which-woc-424465.html

I believe the reissue (MM lock) is usually calfskin. It comes with matte & metallic. Sometimes, there's patent too!
Lambskin & Caviar black/beige/white are under the classic line.
Colored lambskin & caviar are seasonal.

Thanks - this really helps.