How do you explain your H items.....

Aug 9, 2006
that are not made anymore, or discontinued? Where did they come from? someone may ask, maybe an SA or a friend. What would you say?

I'm asking about purchases on ebay, from a consigner, antique dealer?

Example of discontinued leathers on H-bags, discontinued jewelry, or a hard to find color?

Do you just not wear these items into an H-store?:confused1:

that are not made anymore, or discontinued? Where did they come from? someone may ask, maybe an SA or a friend. What would you say?

I'm asking about purchases on ebay, from a consigner, antique dealer?

Example of discontinued leathers on H-bags, discontinued jewelry, or a hard to find color?

Do you just not wear these items into an H-store?:confused1:

If a friend asked, of course I would be honest. If an SA asked - as far as I am concerned, it is none of his/her business. They are there to make a sale -- I do believe that "SA" means "Sales Assistant", right? It makes no difference to me whether they are "hard to find" or this year's.

And whatever I have, wherever I got it, I wear ANYWHERE. It's not counterfeit - no reason to feel shame for owning it. I just cannot understand why people are "embarrassed" to wear H items that have been purchased in places other than their local. We allow them to have power over us -- thus the "Hermes attitude".

Just my opinion -- please don't flame me!

And whatever I have, wherever I got it, I wear ANYWHERE. It's not counterfeit - no reason to feel shame for owning it. I just cannot understand why people are "embarrassed" to wear H items that have been purchased in places other than their local. We allow them to have power over us -- thus the "Hermes attitude".

Just my opinion -- please don't flame me![/QUOTE]

No Flaming Here, fellow RedHead!!! You said it just right.

Well said! Ditto:heart:

Agree!

ITA! I have yet to be questioned by an Hermes SA, but I know a fellow PFer who actually experienced an SA questioning where she got her BJ Birkin from, once at SCP and once in Vegas. I still don't understand why they would ask such a question.

ITA! I have yet to be questioned by an Hermes SA, but I know a fellow PFer who actually experienced an SA questioning where she got her BJ Birkin from, once at SCP and once in Vegas. I still don't understand why they would ask such a question.

I had this experience instead...
This SA saw my Kelly..and she said THANK YOU!!! as in "thank you for using Hermes". then went on to show me the goods. that's the first time I set foot in that store. I think that should be the attitude of all SAs.
(but that's in Japan..they are always so pleasant!)

How about: "Check out my new bag/scarf/small leather good/Himalaya! Isn't it just FAB! I bought on eBay for a HUGE markup because you bastards are all too stingy and have a power-play issue! So, what's new in? Got any Birkins?"

;)