Smaller sized Miu Miu clutch that I can use as a make-up bag?

Omaha_2072

Back At Square One
Aug 1, 2008
I just received my Miu Miu Intreccio in Anthracite Mordo from the BH Miu Miu. Thanks to the wonderful SA Ashley I caught it on sale @ 50% off--what a steal!!! :yahoo:The pix of my new bag is a modeling photo taken inside the store by Ashley before I decided to buy the bag. I also just bought the Miu Miu Black Nero Spazzolato Coin Card Key Wallet‏. For my birthday this past September I invested in the Miu Miu Bow Satchel in Amarena and a Miu Miu wallet in Amarena. Needless to say...I'm a Miu Miu ADDICT!!!:drool:

Now what I'm looking for is a Miu Miu make-up bag. Something that would match my current collection that I can put inside my bags to carry my make-up and my misc girly things. I've been looking at the clutch style bags, but I'm thinking that they're way too large to use as a make-up bag. I've listed the Ebay link to (2) clutches below that I like the colors and styles of (I have not had either of them authenticated yet)...but again they may end up being too big. I'm stumped!

Any suggestions?:confused1:

http://cgi.ebay.com/MIU-MIU-PRADA-LEATHER-MULTI-PATCHWORK-CLUTCH-BAG-NEW_W0QQitemZ200304798700QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_CSA_WH_Handbags?hash=item200304798700&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A570%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318%7C301%3A1%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A50

http://cgi.ebay.com/MIU-MIU-RASPBERRY-PATCH-HANDBAG-POCHETTE-CLUTCH-NWT_W0QQitemZ220353757721QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_CSA_WH_Handbags?hash=item220353757721&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A570%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318%7C301%3A1%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A50

Attachments

• 2.4.2009.jpg
    2.4.2009.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 392
The first one that you listed is really large. The second one, could work but is also 10" in length (still a bit large IMO). Here are a couple of pics of my MM makeup bag that I carry within all of my bags.
It's only 8" (L) and 4" (H). Style no. is SN1411 and it is called Contenitori Piatti.

Miu2...

I had no idea that the Contenitori Piatti make-up bag existed! I've never actually been inside a Miu Miu store myself (designer handbag shopping in NE is far from sastisfying IMO). Do you know if that bag is offered in other colors? Does it ever go on sale? One last question--I promise--can I get it @ pretty much any of the Miu Miu stores?

TIA!!! I'm half tempted to call the BH store in an hour when they open and buy one (if they have it).:wlae:

The first one is really large. The second one, could work but is also 10" in length (still a bit large IMO). Here are a couple of pics of my MM makeup bag that I carry within all of my bags.
It's only 8" (L) and 4" (H). Style no. is SN1411 and it is called Contenitori Piatti.

Try to answer your questions in one post.
1.) this style is available in different colors. (By the way, there may be one available in cream on ebay right now, looks promising as far as authenticity goes, but need a few more pics of the interior to be sure). However, just be advised that cream in lambskin can really show a lot of dirt and color transfer. Personally I would stick with black, dark blue, red, etc. especially if you are going to use it as a makeup bag. ;) Also, this style is available in the calfskin leather which has a more distressed look and is not so prone to color transfer.
2.) Not sure how available it is in the MM stores right now, but I would call just to check. It could very well be available considering it has the look of a coffer and those are still available.
3.) The doggy in the background is actually a stuffed doggy!! Not sure of the breed, lol. :biggrin:

I talked to Ashley at the BH Miu Miu over the weekend (I was told that Renato was not in the store that day or the next day) and this is what she has available with the descriptions that I gave her.

Is it just me or is Miu2's bag taller and these look longer? Ashley told me that this style of bag came in (2) different looks...a taller bag and a longer bag. I'm in search of the taller bag (which to me is the bag that Miu2 has). Maybe my height/depth perception is just off and they are actually the same bags?:confused1:

Also, I called a Miu Miu store in NY over the weekend inquiring into the bags as well. I spoke with a gentleman (didn't catch his name) who sounded appalled that I was planning to use a Miu Miu clutch/wristlet as a makeup bag! He reitorated to me several times the fact that these bags were not designed for that purpose! I kind of laughed it off, but I wonder if I offended him or something?

Attachments

• MM makeup bag pix 1.jpg
    MM makeup bag pix 1.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 422
  • MM makeup bag pix 2.jpg
    MM makeup bag pix 2.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 409
  • MM makeup bag pix 3.jpg
    MM makeup bag pix 3.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 435
  • MM makeup bag pix 4.jpg
    MM makeup bag pix 4.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 389
Omaha 2072 - thanks for posting these pics! I wonder what the price is on these, I do love the pink one! Miu2's does look a bit taller, but the strap looks the same. Maybe its the angle & the fact that these are empty...did she give you the measurements of these wristlets??

Funny that the NYC SA was so freaked out! :nuts:

Ashley at the BH MM quoted me $320 each plus shipping costs. Just a side note...the magenta one is NOT the same color as Amarena. It is slightly more lighter shade of pink-ish and not as dark red/burgundy as the Amarena color is. I specifically asked this question because I already have an Amarena bow bag and a mathcing wallet. Too bag that makeup bag didnt match otherwise it would already be on it's way to me right now as we speak. :sad:

I think that Miu2 has posted the measurements of her bag. But I did not get the measurements of the bags at the BH MM.

Even though I really need a matching MM makeup bag now..I think I may hold out until I can find one that better matches my collection. Its gonna be super hard for me to resist until then though....:Push:

Omaha 2072 - thanks for posting these pics! I wonder what the price is on these, I do love the pink one! Miu2's does look a bit taller, but the strap looks the same. Maybe its the angle & the fact that these are empty...did she give you the measurements of these wristlets??

Here is the measurements of Miu2's bag (per her previous reply to me)...

Hmmm, it actually looks like it could be the same size to me. If I were you Omaha, I would call Renato today and ask him to take measurements for you. I know that the style number is the same, because I made sure of it when I spoke with Renato. As far as the NY SA, he must be a jerk because if you get one of these, you will see that the lining is almost a polyester-type material which actually holds up very well for make-up etc. Quite different lining material than the handbags.

Just a suggestion, if you are interested in a GREAT SA at the MMs in NY, call Nasheema at the Prince St store (212) 334-5156. She's a doll and wonderful. Let her know that Sharon from CA referred you if you call her!!