Just received a dispute at paypal!

Did you try using the Customs Form # for tracking at USPS.com?

I recently sent a package from US to UK via USPS Express Mail Intl.
The package had 2 #'s. An express mail label # and a # on the Customs Form.

Per the LABEL #, the package was delivered 2 days later in Colorado. HTG.
Per the Customs #, the package was turned over for Intl. Delivery, and I was then able to track it via Parcelforce by that same Customs #.

And it was finally delivered in UK. (Yet the Express Mail Label # STILL says delivered in CO)

FYI readers... USPS Intl packages are no longer trackable online thru USPS.

I tried to use the Customs # to track the package via USPS, but the system said there is no such a # yet... I was told by the lady in the post office I will not track the status until it is delivered, is that true?

I tried to use the Customs # to track the package via USPS, but the system said there is no such a # yet... I was told by the lady in the post office I will not track the status until it is delivered, is that true?
Yes, probably true... as USPS no longer offers tracking for INTL parcels.

USPS SUCKS, BTW! And for INTL, I doubt will be of ANY benefit in a PP claim in the future since no tracking is available.

HOWEVER, if you shipped to canada, try https://em.canadapost.ca/emo_business/basicPin.do?language=en and see if if shows up.

The other thing you might try in desperation is CALL USPS 800# and see if they have any way to track it via the customs #. Tell them you think it may be lost and request an investigation.

Yes, probably true... as USPS no longer offers tracking for INTL parcels.

USPS SUCKS, BTW! And for INTL, I doubt will be of ANY benefit in a PP claim in the future since no tracking is available.

HOWEVER, if you shipped to canada, try https://em.canadapost.ca/emo_business/basicPin.do?language=en and see if if shows up.

The other thing you might try in desperation is CALL USPS 800# and see if they have any way to track it via the customs #. Tell them you think it may be lost and request an investigation.

I tried the Canada's too, but no result either.

Thanks for your advice!

mx2000 - Your buyer is really jumping the gun if she has filed after only 2 weeks. I agree with noshoepolish, you should email her and explain that shipping from one country to another does take time and to please be patient. I ship from Canada to the U.S. all the time plus I receive a lot of packages from the U.S. and its very rare for a package to get lost between the two countries.

As far as saying that you won't ship international anymore, that's up to you of course but IMO it is just as likely for a package to get lost when shipped from one part of the U.S. to another part of the U.S. (or one part of Canada to another) as it is from one country to the other.

I just checked the USPS website and there is online tracking for Express International Mail so perhaps there was just a glitch in the system for one of the posters who commented that this wasn't available.:smile: And you can use priority mail to Canada for delivery confirmation.

Sorry for the long post but I hate to see people frustrated by international shipping when the majority of the time, it really does work. And of course I have a selfish reason for wanting you U.S. sellers to ship to Canada...so that I can buy lots from the U.S.! :woohoo:

I made a STUPID mistake! The last 3 digits of the Customs Declaration # are 5US, which I thought were SUS!!! Now, I can track the status on USPS.com, the current status is "Acceptance", what does that mean? When will it be delivered?

Thanks!

I made a STUPID mistake! The last 3 digits of the Customs Declaration # are 5US, which I thought were SUS!!! Now, I can track the status on USPS.com, the current status is "Acceptance", what does that mean? When will it be delivered?

Thanks!

OK.. GOOD. Now try the same # at the canada post website.
This is what I was telling you. You will see acceptance...which means it package was accepted at USPS for mailing. Then, you MAY see some reference to "handed over for delivery abroad"... which would mean it has been handed over to the canadian post for delivery to the recipient.
When I said NO INTL TRACKING on USPS website, this is what I meant. They no longer offer DAY-TO-DAY updated tracking on USPS.com. Just "accepted" and either "handed over to...." or "delivered". That is now all the tracking one gets for INTL packages... no day-to-day updates while the package in en-route.
Keep checking it AND on the canada post website. And give PP & the buyer this same tracking #.

OK.. GOOD. Now try the same # at the canada post website.
This is what I was telling you. You will see acceptance...which means it package was accepted at USPS for mailing. Then, you MAY see some reference to "handed over for delivery abroad"... which would mean it has been handed over to the canadian post for delivery to the recipient.
When I said NO INTL TRACKING on USPS website, this is what I meant. They no longer offer DAY-TO-DAY updated tracking on USPS.com. Just "accepted" and either "handed over to...." or "delivered". That is now all the tracking one gets for INTL packages... no day-to-day updates while the package in en-route.
Keep checking it AND on the canada post website. And give PP & the buyer this same tracking #.

I just called USPS and the customer service says there will be no more information about this package since it is non-tracking, the website won't update neither! Maybe "Acceptance" forever!! The only way I can find more info is to ask the receiver!! :tdown: Still, since it is non-tracking I doubt if I can find any info on the Canada website:sad:. Anyway, I'm prepared to accept the lost...

Thanks for your kindness~~~

Reply to the dispute that you mailed it first class, which takes a bit longer, and that more time should be allowed before PayFoe rules on a INR claim. Then wait and see. USPS Express Mail can be tracked and meets PayFoe's Sig Confirmation requirements. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

Hey I read your story, if you want to make sure they don't rip you off. This is what you do ...since you have the buyer's address. Make up a package up of nothing ...put in a receipt of the purchase for example and ship it to her...it will cost you very little and when you go the post office make sure you get delivery confirmation for it and then use that delivery confirmation on the paypal dispute. Don't tell paypal you sent her another package, just say this is from the 1st package. That way she can't lie and you will win the case.. It will definitely work, I've done it before......

Oh, boy. What else have you been able to accomplish using this method? Have you sold items and sent "nothing" packages instead? I mean, I ask because we hear the stories and you just described how it's done.

Hey I read your story, if you want to make sure they don't rip you off. This is what you do ...since you have the buyer's address. Make up a package up of nothing ...put in a receipt of the purchase for example and ship it to her...it will cost you very little and when you go the post office make sure you get delivery confirmation for it and then use that delivery confirmation on the paypal dispute. Don't tell paypal you sent her another package, just say this is from the 1st package. That way she can't lie and you will win the case.. It will definitely work, I've done it before......

This might be a way of winning the dispute but in some cases, the buyer may honestly NOT receive the item and in that case, the seller should take responsibility for not tracking it. (Not saying OP).

Just for this reason I will not ship International First Class... no tracking. Flate Rate Priority mail is about $37. It is so worth the price ( buyer pays for it so if they really want the item they will pay for it!)
Even for domestic packages I will ship Priority mail (free delivery confirmation if done online) and really not that much more than 1st class.

Sorry that happened...not sure where you stand on this... if your buyer is unlike 1stmavrick you may have a chance with an honest buyer....
Not sure why anyone would actually try to scam like that...

And just for that reason it makes it EVEN HARDER for us honest sellers to do well on eBay.
Hope it works out for you.