Just received a dispute at paypal!

Just for this reason I will not ship International First Class... no tracking. Flate Rate Priority mail is about $37. It is so worth the price ( buyer pays for it so if they really want the item they will pay for it!)
Even for domestic packages I will ship Priority mail (free delivery confirmation if done online) and really not that much more than 1st class.

Sorry that happened...not sure where you stand on this... if your buyer is unlike 1stmavrick you may have a chance with an honest buyer....
Not sure why anyone would actually try to scam like that...

And just for that reason it makes it EVEN HARDER for us honest sellers to do well on eBay.
Hope it works out for you.

Flat rate priority mail to Canada is not $37.

I mail everything that fits Express Mail flat rate .. it is $25.95.

Your buyer jumped the gun. She has up to 45 days from the day of payment to file a claim - 14 days is way too soon. Normally US. - Canada packages take from one to two weeks - priority or first class. The odd occasion I have had first class packages take four weeks to arrive. I have had close to two hundred shipments from the U.S., some priority, some first class and I have NEVER had anything go missing. I'm sure Paypal is aware of international time frames and their lack of predictability and will give you a little more time. Unfortunately, if it never shows up, you are responsible, but keep the faith. It will probably show up. BTW, packages I have received via USPS Priority have been trackable end-to-end on both the USPS and Canada Post websites. It is the Flat Rate Priority that is not trackable.

Dude, 1stmaverick, how could it possibly work? The buyer's gonna receive your dummy package and report you for fraud on paypal. Then, even if you HAD send the right package the first time round, your rep will be tainted. Sounds like the dummy package is a dummy and dishonest idea.