New pooch in town!

pidgeon92

O.G.
Feb 8, 2006
Attached are a couple of pics of our new dog, Ripley! She was a rescue dog that we adopted from Wright Way Rescue in Illinois. She is (mostly) a very good dog already. She is a Basset/Beagle mix, about 9 months old. :love:

Attachments

• Ripley01.jpg
    Ripley01.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 42
  • Ripley02.jpg
    Ripley02.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 65
Congratulations to you and to Ripley! She looks like a sweetheart. I wish you and her all the best!

p.s. It's wonderful you rescued her. My heart breaks for all the un-adopted dogs and cats in the world.

It's only been a few days... She hasn't howled, but she cries when she goes into her crate.... :crybaby: When I open the crate it's like she is shot out of a cannon. :P

Aww ... nobody likes to be locked up! :sad: Do you put her in a crate to house train her? I tried the whole crate thing with my dog when she was a puppy and it just didn't work and I couldn't stand leaving her in a small confined space like that. Instead I set up a small area in the kitchen and let her have some room to move around, to play, eat and sleep, and most importantly to have some open space. That was how I house-trained her.