Larger size, curvy gals, what jeans???

Nishi621

O.G.
Apr 30, 2006
I wear a size 16 in Old Navy jeans, and my waist measures 38 inches (I can't believe I just admitted that!). Anyway, I would love to buy better jeans than Old Navy brand (especially ones that I don't have to pull up all the time!), what do you guys recommend? Under $100 a pair if possible!

Reposting from the Plus-Sized Women - Show me your outfits! Thread:

I love, love, love my jeans. Lane Bryant (and Catherines) now offer a lot of their core trousers as well as their jeans in their Right Fit program. If you don't know about it, it's awesome. There are three different "colours" which correspond to different body shapes - yellow are for people who are straight from ribcage to floor, red are for people who have a more "normal" hip-to-waist ratio, and blue are for people who have a lot of hip and butt and a small waist. They make their jeans in different washes, lengths and cuts, and the sizing is based on your waist size. My jeans are a yellow, petite bootcut, in size 3. For reference, I'm 5'2, weigh 195, and wear a size 16. My size 3's are now getting a little big, because I'm losing weight :smile:

Attachments

• 12-30-08.JPG
    12-30-08.JPG
    32.3 KB · Views: 78
Thanks, I just never think of going to lane Bryant, to me it was always a store that my grandma went to, not younger people who were interested in being stylish. Guess I will check it out, thanks.

Not Your Daughters Jeans (NYDJ) is a HOT brand!!! :yahoo:I usually purchase mine from Nordstroms & if you catch them on sale, they will be under $100, maybe $75+ on sale.

I posted a really good review, including modeling photos of me, regarding this brand...check it out:

http://forum.purseblog.com/the-wardrobe/not-your-daughters-jeans-nydj-brand-omg-they-329466.html

My stepdaughter suggested these for me, but, I live in Brooklyn and alas, there are no nordstrom's anywhere near me.

I wear a size 16 in Old Navy jeans, and my waist measures 38 inches (I can't believe I just admitted that!). Anyway, I would love to buy better jeans than Old Navy brand (especially ones that I don't have to pull up all the time!), what do you guys recommend? Under $100 a pair if possible!

I recently tried Victoria Secrets Jeans and loved them!
I also love paige denim