Wings with your Maxi?

sfshopgirl

O.G.
May 13, 2008
You ladies will not believe this! I decided that today was going to be the day I take out my new Maxi for the first time and show it off to the world.... will, that did not happen:sad:. I noticed after placing all my belongings (pic included), which wasn't much (1 lb or so), my maxi had a Wing! Has this happened to anyone with their new Maxi or any of their flaps? I have a 2.55 reissue and this has never happened! I'm wondering if it's the position of the holes where the straps are that's causing the flaps to hang out like a wing (right side of the flap, left in the picture with me in it)or the stitching of the bag :crybaby:. I have included pictures for all of you. I am so sad!!!!!:crybaby: Thank goodness I'm working from home tomorrow so I will be calling my SA first thing and heading down there to see if there's anything she can do for me. I cannot believe that this would happen with a $3000 bag!!! Jill, have you taken your Maxi out yet? I wonder if this happens with the Lambskin also. I know worst things can happen but this is pretty traumatic.....ok, so maybe I'm being a bit too dramatic :yes:

Attachments

• Chanel Maxi 008 (2).jpg
    Chanel Maxi 008 (2).jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 976
  • Chanel Maxi 004(1).jpg
    Chanel Maxi 004(1).jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 1,223
  • Chanel Maxi 005 (2).jpg
    Chanel Maxi 005 (2).jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 1,878
  • Chanel Maxi 007 (2).jpg
    Chanel Maxi 007 (2).jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 1,930
Hi Sophie,
Thanks :smile: I know.... the bag is not very structured. It's just weird that it's happening on one side and not really on the other. Maybe this was not meant to be....

What does it look like with all your contents emptied?
Yeh i agree, what does it look like once ur bag is empty. If it's back to normal, i suppose it just looks like that once you put your items in the bag.

It was one of the main reasons why i didnt purchase the maxi when i saw it, it looked absolutely stunning until i put just my wallet inside..the bag started to slouch and does look like the photo you've taken :crybaby:

I'm sorry to hear about this but i hope your SA can offer you suggestions to remove those 'wings'
Otherwise i guess you have to put up with it, doesnt look bad though, just the soft look

Hi Sophie,
The bag looks just fine, in fact perfect, with nothing in it. It's only when I put stuff in it, it looks like the picture!:crybaby: I know... Maxi wings... it is pretty funny!:heart: I'm sure Chanel will love that!

D

LOLOLLLLOL.... sorry, had to get that out of my system, your title cracks me up!

That said, yikes! I'd definitely ask the SA if this is normal. This really should not happen with such a pricey bag! I'm wondering if this is going to happen with all the newer bags coming out? I was really not impressed with the latest lambskin bags (maybe it's just me, but I prefer my flaps structured, not slouchy). Good luck, and let us know what happens!

I don't know...this is a tough call for you.....think about how the bag will look after continuous use! You have to ask your self if it's worth it. If it were me, I would return it.

:confused1: Hmmm...I don't think I like that at all. Looks odd.

Maxi wings - is funny.:P Good one.

But the way your bag is behaving...not so good.:nogood:
Look forward to hearing what SA has to say.

Maxi with wings, now that is funny! :P I don't like the way it looks with the wings, this is a shame. I guess the leather is not structured enough. I would have to return it. Sorry this happened.

I'm such a perfectionist that I don't think I can keep this bag! I will always notice it! Will have to see what the SA says tomorrow. Will definitely keep all of you updated.

Awwww... I know how you feel! besides the fact that I am too small for a Jumbo let alone a Maxi, I would be annoyed as anything if my bag shoot out wings like that!

But listen to the other girls- fact is, it still looks good on you! Don't be so hard on it- if you love it enough I'm sure you'll find enough reason to keep it :yes: