Wings with your Maxi?

That would bother me too - I'm sure it has a lot to do with the wash caviar and how the bag is less structured. With the weight of all of the leather, and then add your stuff to the inside of the bag and you have a Maxi w/wings.:Push:

Awwww... I know how you feel! besides the fact that I am too small for a Jumbo let alone a Maxi, I would be annoyed as anything if my bag shoot out wings like that!

But listen to the other girls- fact is, it still looks good on you! Don't be so hard on it- if you love it enough I'm sure you'll find enough reason to keep it :yes:

I do love it and will try to find a way to keep it but today was going to be my first use! What will happen in the future?? I also bought this bag so that I can wear it all the time versus letting it sit in the closet with all the others.... Maybe it's the stitching on this bag as it only happens on one side.

Yikes, I was afraid that would happen with this bag. The combination of the softer caviar and less structured frame = wings. It looks like the flap is pulling away from the body of the bag. I passed on the PNY flap because I didn't like the way the flap lifted up and separated from the body of the bag. I'm taking my name off the list tomorrow. It's a gorgeous bag, but this would bug like nobody's business. I didn't buy any of the fall lamb jumbos because they lack structure and the sides puffed out making it look like the bag had wings.

I wonder if the lambskin maxi will have this problem. If it's a thicker lamb, maybe it would hold it's shape better than the caviar.

I'm sorry to hear about your bag (but omg, your thread title cracked me up)! :P Regardless, it looks great on you. If it were me though, I wouldn't be able to handle such a big unstructured flap... it'd constantly bug the hell out of me (I love the shiny, rigid caviar best). :smile: You could always exchange it for a black Jumbo instead. :smile: Good luck deciding. :flowers:

Yikes, I was afraid that would happen with this bag. The combination of the softer caviar and less structured frame = wings. It looks like the flap is pulling away from the body of the bag. I passed on the PNY flap because I didn't like the way the flap lifted up and separated from the body of the bag. I'm taking my name off the list tomorrow. It's a gorgeous bag, but this would bug like nobody's business. I didn't buy any of the fall lamb jumbos because they lack structure and the sides puffed out making it look like the bag had wings.

I wonder if the lambskin maxi will have this problem. If it's a thicker lamb, maybe it would hold it's shape better than the caviar.

GREAT minds think alike;) LOL

The title of this thread cracked me up too! :P

I am very disappointed to see how the softer caviar leather is looking with contents in the bag. I like classic flaps to have structure to them. I haven't seen this bag in person yet, so I don't know if these "wings" are the norm.