Inside the Small Proenza Schouler PS1

hipnycmom

O.G.
Feb 13, 2007
My small PS1 arrived today and it is a pretty cool bag.
Here are some photos and specs for anyone who is interested in this bag.
Mine is the small in Midnight.

Measurements - 11 in across x 6.5 in tall by 3.5-4.5 in deep depending on how much you put in the bag.

Front: stitched double flap, 2 front straps that go through loops but no buckle, latch-type closure

There is a small open compartment in front that can hold checkbooks or a phone,tissues and keys. The main compartment looks small but actually hold a lot. I put in: long LV wallet, Balenciaga CP, Prada nylon cosmetic kit, small Prada nylon pouch (keys and change), my blackberry, pen and tissues, and there is still some room to spare.

The bag has 3 long zip pockets - 1 right behind the front compartment, another inside the main compartment, and 1 in the back of the bag.

The bag has a top handle so it can be hand-carried, but also comes with a detachable shoulder strap.

The leather is soft, the color is amazing and the smell of the leather is divine.

It's obvious that a lot of thought went into designing this bag. The numerous pockets and compartments make it extremely functional, and the attention to detail makes it unique. I would love to have one in every size!

Without further ado, here she is...
View from the front, top, bottom and back

Attachments

• DSC03068.jpg
    DSC03068.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 808
  • DSC03069.jpg
    DSC03069.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 789
  • DSC03071.jpg
    DSC03071.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 662
  • DSC03072.jpg
    DSC03072.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 629
  • DSC03074.jpg
    DSC03074.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 629
Reactions: Alex575
The inside of the bag - front open pocket, front zip pocket, main interior compartment with inside zip pocket and a leather tab with magnetic closure to hold the shape of the bag (This can also be pushed to the back of the bag if you want to keep it out of the way).
I've also included a photo of everything I had in the bag. It's a compact bag that holds a LOT!

Special thanks to bedhead who helped me find this at Sien Antwerp. And special thanks to Marie-Josine at Sien who answered all my questions and even sent me extremely detailed photos.

Attachments

• DSC03081.jpg
    DSC03081.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 623
  • DSC03078.jpg
    DSC03078.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 763
  • DSC03076.jpg
    DSC03076.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 761
  • DSC03075.jpg
    DSC03075.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 615
  • DSC03083.jpg
    DSC03083.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 678
Reactions: Alex575
hipnycmom, I'm so glad it worked out and that you got the bag! It really is a gorgeous color and the small holds a lot more than it looks like it would at first glance. The leather smells so amazing. I keep sniffing mine.

Congrats on your gorgeous bag!

Thanks Miabella, janetk and bedhead!

Janet, the strap is really just long enough to go over the shoulder. I am not sure how long it is on the larger-sized bags, but I do wish it had a messenger strap option.

Thanks Miabella, janetk and bedhead!

Janet, the strap is really just long enough to go over the shoulder. I am not sure how long it is on the larger-sized bags, but I do wish it had a messenger strap option.
That's a gorgeous bag!! Nice, compact size.

The strap on the large is long, but not long enough to wear messenger style. It's a nice, hip length, but no way is that long enough for messenger.

That's a gorgeous bag!! Nice, compact size.

The strap on the large is long, but not long enough to wear messenger style. It's a nice, hip length, but no way is that long enough for messenger.

I should correct myself and say that the strap of the small is actually a long shoulder strap - the bag hits around the hip too. However it is much too short to be worn messenger style

KittyKat - this bag is so deceptive. it looks small from the outside but it is really roomy inside.

I wear mine messenger style occasionally but only if I am really concerned about keeping my hands totally free. It's long enough to do it, but it doesn't look right (doesn't sit low enough). However, I find the shoulder strap to be a good width and it stays on my shoulder well, so I rarely need to use that option.