Food sick of packing school lunch vent

pollinilove

Mar 6, 2007
im sick of packing lunch every day for my son i wish his school had a lunch program but they do not sell food just snack like chips candy soda well thats all i just wanted to say im sick of packing lunch.

I hear ya sister.

I used to have to pack my lunch for my 2yo son for a year, and after working nights, the last thing I wanted to do after work each and every day was to be sure he had a healthy drink, meat, carb, vegetable, and fruit!

Hang in there!

How long does it take you to pack lunch? A sandwich can be made in like 5 minutes, and you can pack a sandwich and some juice in a bag the night before and leave it in the fridge so you don't have to do it in the morning.

I hear ya. I have 3 lunches to make everyday. My kids can buy lunch but they hate it because it's "disgusting". To make my mornings easier I make the sandwiches the night before and pack the rest of the stuff in the morning. It can get old after a while but if you get it done at night it's not so bad.

I hear you.... I make lunch for me and SO every day and while I'm glad to do it, sometimes it gets to be a burden. Luckily I don't have to do the whole sandwich-fruit-dessert deal every day, sometimes I do a pasta salad or some other one-dish lunch which is so much easier.

maybe do an alternative?? like one day pack sandwiches, the next day some left overs?? that way its not the same old sandwich each and every day. left overs are easier to pack. and cheaper. if he's old enough, maybe he can even help out by making a PB&J sandwich for himself once a week. its just bread, jelly, peanut butter, and a spoon (for safety!!) to spread it all. easy and kids like to feel like they've "cooked" something all by themselves. maybe it will inspire him to want to cook or help out in the kitchen and make this less of a burden for you.

I feel you. Although my son's kindergarten does have a lunch program, he won't eat all of the meals so I do pack his lunch a few times a week. My daughter's preschool, however, does not have a lunch program so I have to pack hers every day. Ugh! What seems like such a small chore does get tiresome day after day! It takes effort to dream up stuff that they'll actually eat AND is healthy, AND mix it up each day so that it's not so repetitive and boring. I always do it the night before when I'm relaxed and not rushed or groggy like I am in the mornings.

I pack three lunches everyday. My kids all eat different things. Doesnt bother me much....what do you pack? Maybe you are in a rut? I know I get pissed at my daughter because she complains all the times about her lunch. She wants champagne and caviar I think...but oh well. I make pasta salad on Sunday and my two older kids get that for a few days, they are portioned out and easy to pop in a bag....give us more details maybe someone can offer some suggestions. I also dont feel like you were being attacked. Its a little odd for a mom to hate making lunches for their kids, and some members just voiced their thoughts.

I know what you mean. At my daughters school there is a lunch program but I still make the same thing every day. A small roll w/mustard and ham, a pkg of choc. chip mini muffins and an apple juice. Another drink and cookies for morning snack. Yes, it sounds terrible but thats all she will eat. Today she was going to try hot lunch which happens to be tacos but changed her mind. She said if she doesn't eat it, the lunch ladies will yell at her so again I made the same old lunch. The lunch workers must think I'm a terrible mother! Also, can't make pb & J as this is banned due to allergy.