Bindi's Tribute To Her Daddy, Steve Irwin

May 4, 2006
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1PZOUluzcXM

So touching!! And she speaks so well for a 8yr old!

Excerpt:

"My Daddy was my hero - he was always there for me when I needed him.

"He listened to me and taught me so many things but most of all he was fun.

"I know that Daddy had an important job. He was working to change the world so everyone would love wildlife like he did.

"He built a hospital to help animals and he bought lots of land to give animals a safe place to live.

"He took me and my brother and my mum with him all the time. We filmed together, caught crocodiles together and loved being in the bush together.

"I don't want Daddy's passion to ever end.

"I want to help endangered wildlife just like he did.

"I have the best Daddy in the whole world and I will miss him every day.

"When I see a crocodile I will always think of him and I know that Daddy made this zoo so everyone could come and learn to love all the animals.

"Daddy made this place his whole life and now it's our turn to help Daddy."

Amazing parents produce amazing children. From everything I have heard about Bindi, she is wise beyond her years in understanding what her dad was all about and also understanding that he was willing to die for his cause. How sad, though.

Edited to say...I forgot to mention that she has the sweetest little voice. It was the first time I'd heard her speak.

:crybaby: I saw a clip on her tribute and just started blubbering. Bless Steve Irwin and bless his little family. I should have gone to Australia to see him a couple of years ago like I wanted to. :crybaby:

Oh, I saw some pics today of the family, and let me tell you it broke my heart! The wife, seems very sad, and it was sad. Bindi is so wise, even though she is 8 years old. A really nice tribute! I almost cried.

I was crying before she even began to speak. It's so sad. I can't think of any famous person's death that has affected me like his. She really is wise beyond her years, you can see it in the way she speaks. I agree with Lori...sweetest little voice!!

I was crying before she even began to speak. It's so sad. I can't think of any famous person's death that has affected me like his. She really is wise beyond her years, you can see it in the way she speaks. I agree with Lori...sweetest little voice!!

I too, felt so sadden by his death, I 've never been affected by a famous person's death this way either. It's just heartbreaking. Bindi is such a smart, sweet little girl, her voice is so sweet and kind. My heart breaks for Terri, Bindi, and little Bob.

:crybaby: . I should have gone to Australia to see him a couple of years ago like I wanted to. :crybaby:

This is something I said I wanted to do as well. I am so sad I will never get to see him in person...I am just so sad he is gone, for his family and for the world.

So I'm NOT the only one...I thought there was something wrong with me with how this man's passing has affected me. I sobbed when I heard and actually felt physical pain.

What an amazing human being.

Rest in peace, Stevo.

I had tears in my eyes when I saw her read her speech. And if I was'nt at work at the time, I would have cried my eyes out!

I betcha Steve was watching from above, prouder than ever for his little girl!

I think thats brilliant that she was able to read that out loud to everyone considering she only just lost her father. Its amazing just how composed she was at such a small age aswell.