Cartier Charity Love Bracelet

I can't believe people are actually buying a piece of rope with some gold metal for 475.00!
Wow what a scam this is for cartier. I rather donate the whole amount to charity then buy this rope.

ummm let's think about this....do you REALLY think any of the items we buy are "worth" the price we pay? Does it really take 2000 to make a coated canvas leather LV bag? probably not, but we still pay it because the brand attached to it adds value....sure the string and a little gold piece is nothing, but it's from cartier so the price tag is justified.

anyways, i think people have to remember when you buy a product you are NOT only paying for the product itself, but you are paying for the salary of the designers, producers, advertising etc etc...and then a price to have a little something from cartier :smile: i know a lot of people don't think it's worth it...but i also know A LOT of people think that buying a $300 coach bag is crazy... :graucho: n i think most of us are BEYOND guilty of that :P

They are $995. I had requested the price through the website awhile back. The new one with the two interlocking circles is really pretty. I really want the one with the pink cord. I've been thinking about going to the Cartier boutique by me so I can see it in person, but I don't want to tempt myself anymore than I already have. :sweatdrop: Though since the new one had a rather large price increase from the older style, it may be more worthwhile looking into the all gold love bracelet with the interlocking circles.

Last edited:
I only meant it as I rather donate the whole amount of money to a charity then only say 10 to 20% of it go to a charity. This is just another money making effort by cartier in the guise of helping out a charity. That's all. If i am buying a bag for 2000.00 then I fully know the 2000 is going to whatever company that makes the bag. Cartier is not donating the whole proceeds to charity. They are only donating a small portion of the profits. There fore this a sad attempt by cartier to help out a charity when most of the profits are going to cartier and not the charity.

I just got the one with 2 interlocking rings today. I love it! It's really pretty and cute. i have a question though. The salesperson told me the 2 ring style is a limited edition and only 1000 were made globally??! Is that true or was she misinformed? She mentioned that the previous years with the single rings were not a limited edition and there were mass numbers made of that style. Does anyone know if the 2008 one is limited to 1000? that's kinda what pushed me over the edge to buy..

I just got the one with 2 interlocking rings today. I love it! It's really pretty and cute. i have a question though. The salesperson told me the 2 ring style is a limited edition and only 1000 were made globally??! Is that true or was she misinformed? She mentioned that the previous years with the single rings were not a limited edition and there were mass numbers made of that style. Does anyone know if the 2008 one is limited to 1000? that's kinda what pushed me over the edge to buy..

havent heard a single thing about that pooh. SHE COULD BE RIGHT. why dont you find the phone number to cartier and give 'em a ring?

Does anyone know if they still have the old ones? I liked the single ring...

they definitely still do.

I only meant it as I rather donate the whole amount of money to a charity then only say 10 to 20% of it go to a charity. This is just another money making effort by cartier in the guise of helping out a charity. That's all. If i am buying a bag for 2000.00 then I fully know the 2000 is going to whatever company that makes the bag. Cartier is not donating the whole proceeds to charity. They are only donating a small portion of the profits. There fore this a sad attempt by cartier to help out a charity when most of the profits are going to cartier and not the charity.

micci, i understand you 100%. 1000% even
the fact is though, that most people, like myself were gonna buy this bracelet anyway, because its a cute eye-catching and simple accessory by Cartier. THEM DONATING THE $100 IS JUST A BONUS DEAL. thats all,

i find it a bit stupid the notion of buying this bracelet at 475 USD + tax to donate 100 USD to a charity.

Last edited:
ok they were advertising it in a magazine and they said when you buy it, they give you two cords, but you have to pay HKD 70 for extra...what the... :tdown:

LOL. WOW.

i go in every 2 weeks to change the band. and i take an extra one and make a bracelet for my friends LOL. all for free... so that cheesy attempt is some BS. come to the states and take a couple home!

could you tell me which store still have it? i've been looking for it forever. thanks!

could you tell me which store still have it? i've been looking for it forever. thanks!

hi Ling - I bought it at the Short Hills, NJ store but it was the last one. SA said they weren't even supposed to have it but they were sent 2 by accident instead of 1 (a customer had ordered one and it just came in). I called Cartier 800 number today and the flagship store in NYC said they may be getting more in 2 weeks - you can always call them to see if they can hold one for you.

Good luck! you'll love it!